Has no idea what I'm doing.
I know. So I'm enjoying it while I can!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I know. So I'm enjoying it while I can!
IMG_0054.JPG

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I love sales. I was able to get Cyn a KCCO bikini she's told me a few times she wanted for a total of $5. Normally $70 or so total including shipping. Hells yea

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
That's odd? I've never heard of something like that. All the states I've worked in have allowed full scope anywhere you have a medical director.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

One word: California:).
Unless that certain part of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations has changed, a Paramedic may function with full scope in an ED that's basically a Rural/Small hospital and ONLY in the ED at that. Basically the hospital has to be a critical access hospital (fits definition of both really) to make that happen. They decided to allow this because it's most likely these facilities that will have problems getting sufficient RN staffing. Nevermind that even these critical access hospitals MUST follow RN to patient ratios...

In those facilities, the Paramedic would be supervised by the physician and the RN basically isn't in the chain of command for the Paramedic. It also means that the Paramedic can't exceed the local scope of practice. As a medic, that means that I can't hang antibiotics or give meds outside what I'm allowed to give on the ambulance.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Today [12/04/15] is the one-year anniversary of the day that I finally told a counselor that I wanted to kill myself. Took a lot of courage and some support from a good friend, but it broke the back of the beast living in my head and I made it to another birthday. :)

Another year down the road, my depression is on the verge of being well-controlled and life is good.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Unless that certain part of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations has changed, a Paramedic may function with full scope in an ED that's basically a Rural/Small hospital and ONLY in the ED at that. Basically the hospital has to be a critical access hospital (fits definition of both really) to make that happen. They decided to allow this because it's most likely these facilities that will have problems getting sufficient RN staffing. Nevermind that even these critical access hospitals MUST follow RN to patient ratios...

In those facilities, the Paramedic would be supervised by the physician and the RN basically isn't in the chain of command for the Paramedic. It also means that the Paramedic can't exceed the local scope of practice. As a medic, that means that I can't hang antibiotics or give meds outside what I'm allowed to give on the ambulance.
I have yet to find a critical access hospital in California that permits paramedics to function in this capacity, though I'd be interested to learn where they're located (sounds perfect for a paramedic with an aging back). The majority of the ED's I know may hire paramedics, but will not let them function as anything other than a glorified ED clerk, in spite of what the "job description" may read. Title 22 or not, to me it seems as though the bulk majority will not let a paramedic function as stated in such a policy; sad really, and I think we call both agree on that.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
"Mazel, mazel! Good things..."

I think Alec Baldwin is more famous among my peers for Trump impressions than for Along Came Polly. I just wish people thought of him as Jack Ryan like I do.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
"Mazel, mazel! Good things..."

I think Alec Baldwin is more famous among my peers for Trump impressions than for Along Came Polly.

Yeah, I had to look that up. For this whippersnapper, Alec Baldwin brings to mind mostly Capital One commercials and SNL Trump satire.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What if I recognize him most from 30 Rock? Also I recognized the police commissioner from Blue Bloods in an old Friends rerun lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think Alec Baldwin is more famous among my peers for Trump impressions than for Along Came Polly. I just wish people thought of him as Jack Ryan like I do.
Oh man, the wife and I love that movie. Between his and PSH's over the top character, their supporting actor roles outshine Stiller and Aniston.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wish I could remember what sleep feels like. :confused:
Thats gonna be me this week between two 24hr shifts, a mandatory work training class (so I can be "1-and-1" qualified, aka work as the EMT on one of our ALS units if they can't staff them dual medic, otherwise company policy is to pull the medic off the ALS rig and put them on a BLS one if there's no 1-and-1 EMTs available).....oh and on top of that I have drill this weekend.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What if I recognize him most from 30 Rock?
Then I would argue you have a remarkable memory. I haven't even seen that show in syndication in a few years, but it was a good show nonetheless; back when Tina Fey was still writing funny material.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Then I would argue you have a remarkable memory. I haven't even seen that show in syndication in a few years, but it was a good show nonetheless; back when Tina Fey was still writing funny material.
actually I think it was more the late night reruns on Fox after the 10 o'clock news lol