the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Man, when it rains it pours...In the past 10 days I've had two trauma RSIs and flights, a pediatric cardiac arrest, a witnessed (by EMS no less) adult VF code with ROSC, 2x STEMIs that arrested mid transport, and a couple heroin ODs and bad CVAs to round it out.

I might be ready for a little break from high acuity patients for a couple days.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Man, when it rains it pours...In the past 10 days I've had two trauma RSIs and flights, a pediatric cardiac arrest, a witnessed (by EMS no less) adult VF code with ROSC, 2x STEMIs that arrested mid transport, and a couple heroin ODs and bad CVAs to round it out.

I might be ready for a little break from high acuity patients for a couple days.

Or you know, you could just be a sh** magnet. :)
I hear Hawaii is nice this time of year.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

I've had two significant calls in the past three months...something wicked this way come.

Maybe we can trade.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
These past 2 weeks I have been getting some decent calls.

Pedi allergic reaction, CVA, and a decent TC with a femur fracture.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I've had two significant calls in the past three months...something wicked this way come.

Maybe we can trade.
You know, normally I am all up for some sick patients, but at this point I'm ready for the trade. I feel like the Grim Reaper and am just beat down. I'd like to transport a few nice old people with non specific abdominal pain and give them Fentanyl and Zofran.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You know, normally I am all up for some sick patients, but at this point I'm ready for the trade. I feel like the Grim Reaper and am just beat down. I'd like to transport a few nice old people with non specific abdominal pain and give them Fentanyl and Zofran.
Yes. We had that sort of spate last year and it wore on me. One day the log had more DOAs than transports. Tough to go home feeling real good after that.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The other day I started my shift with 4 patients: a chest pain (transfer out), a stroke (transfer out), pancreatitis (admitted), and kidney stone (went home). All came under my care at the same time and all needed their work ups done now... That was fun... Not!!! I had those patients for about 3 hours followed by 15 more by the time I was done that day, on time. Yeah, that was a busy day.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
My call acuity has been going up in the past couple weeks as well. Guess there's something in the air.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Who got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep on shift last night? Me!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ooh they should have never given us heat shrink wrapping.
20150927_001746.jpg

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
First night on call with a new service. It might be a bit funky, because I haven't even met some of the people in my assigned group.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
hey guys i had a quick question. the navy short sleeve zipper jackets that fire sometimes wear at night... and a couple of our local 911 private amb agencies have for their 24 crews. "shorties" i've heard them referred too? what are they really called or where can i buy one? the weather is still too hot at night I'm sweating in my 5.11 sweatshirt. lol i'm google for an hour every word combination can't find anything. thanks

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
hey guys i had a quick question. the navy short sleeve zipper jackets that fire sometimes wear at night... and a couple of our local 911 private amb agencies have for their 24 crews. "shorties" i've heard them referred too? what are they really called or where can i buy one? the weather is still too hot at night I'm sweating in my 5.11 sweatshirt. lol i'm google for an hour every word combination can't find anything. thanks
Why don't you ask them? They sound like a 5.11 job shirt, but I've never heard of a short sleeve version. Personally, I can't envision too many cases where I want a second warmer layer but need it short sleeved.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Why don't you ask them? They sound like a 5.11 job shirt, but I've never heard of a short sleeve version. Personally, I can't envision too many cases where I want a second warmer layer but need it short sleeved.

i should. but i always talk myself out of it saying i don't need one. i have the 5.11 1/4 zip job shirt. its just been humid lately at night with el nino weather.