the 100% directionless thread

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
If you shorten it to "rapid pneumatic tourniquet", you can call it the RAPTOR system and take some of the CAT's market share.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Wow, you're good.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Radio's going nuts with a 4th Alarm fire on the south end of our region...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Never gets old
FB_IMG_1442974303216.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You leave your shirt out?
Nope. This happened last week to the EMT on 105B. It's been a while since anyone has frozen a shirt.

The day VST left his cigarettes at the station on Saturday and the night VST heat shrunk them all and then heat shrunk some batteries to it (as a weight) and put it in the fish tank.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Nope. This happened last week to the EMT on 105B. It's been a while since anyone has frozen a shirt.

The day VST left his cigarettes at the station on Saturday and the night VST heat shrunk them all and then heat shrunk some batteries to it (as a weight) and put it in the fish tank.

Makes me even more glad that I'm part time and have to take all my crap home after shift haha.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Makes me even more glad that I'm part time and have to take all my crap home after shift haha.
You know, I just use the lockers that each unit is assigned and have never had an issue haha

CALEMT

You know, I just use the lockers that each unit is assigned and have never had an issue haha

Until you accidentally leave a shirt out or something and CALEMT comes along and freezes it...

CALEMT

CALEMT never works, so I won't have to worry about that....

You're right :(
Hey man, I put in to work with you on Saturday but I don't think I got it.

CALEMT

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Internship has me to the point that I'm about ready to just walk out of the ambulance bay and start a new life as a street corner prostitute. Better pay, better hours, and less stress.
Might be more pleasurable for both you and your customers too. :)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Internship has me to the point that I'm about ready to just walk out of the ambulance bay and start a new life as a street corner prostitute. Better pay, better hours, and less stress.
You've hit the wall. Now you need to take a minute and think about what is holding you back. We all go through this at some point in our education as paramedics. For me, it was figuring out how to better organize my scene and get things going for my patient by learning to anticipate what is coming down the pike, so to speak. If I failed to do that, it was all too easy for my preceptor to take the call over. I got the basics down but it took a while to get things really running smoothly, the better part of a year in fact. Refinement of that took another year.

Your issue may be very different from mine, but you must figure out what it is or you'll remain stuck and that can fail you from an internship.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm pretty sure the opticom in our normal unit is dead. It's an IR one so we can't really tell if it's flashing, there's 4 red LED's on the edges that strobe, but when I look at it through the front facing camera on my iphone, that can see IR LED's, there's no flashing :(

This makes responses in our area hard if we leave our little paradise. Medians everywhere.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm pretty sure the opticom in our normal unit is dead. It's an IR one so we can't really tell if it's flashing, there's 4 red LED's on the edges that strobe, but when I look at it through the front facing camera on my iphone, that can see IR LED's, there's no flashing :(

This makes responses in our area hard if we leave our little paradise. Medians everywhere.
Welcome to my unit. The opticom on our unit flashes it just doesn't change any lights at all.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know where I can find those short sleeve zip up work shirt popular with Los Angeles county ? I not sure what they are even called.