the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got called to an assult with PD on scene. Walked up to the injured patient and got as far as "hi, My name is blank and I am a paramedic.." when she stood up, ran across 4 lanes of light traffic and then continued to run away. Look at the officer who was standing next to me and he says "I guess she doesn't want to provide us with any information"

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Wife: "so why do you have Tindr on your phone?"

You: "uh, I just wanted to see what it was all about?"

Wife: " ... "

That's never a good conversation.
Lol I downloaded plenty more of fish because I thought it was some new snazzy social media site ( I may be getting old. I have zero concept of what's social media)

Turns out it's a hookup app. I'm assuming it's called plenty of fish because everyone on that site looks like a trout. Seriously. I was disgusted. Me and the hubs had a good laugh before I deleted it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lol I downloaded plenty more of fish because I thought it was some new snazzy social media site ( I may be getting old. I have zero concept of what's social media)

Turns out it's a hookup app. I'm assuming it's called plenty of fish because everyone on that site looks like a trout. Seriously. I was disgusted. Me and the hubs had a good laugh before I deleted it.
That's why I stick to farmersonly.com hahaha

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just the flat black paint job. No reason for it to be armored.

I don't know about no reason. If it's a TEMS unit I'm assuming they're near the warm zone at incidents or at least has the potential to be. With a pain job like that it makes it much more of a target than a regular ambulance paint scheme. Criminals that're dealing with SWAT and just criminals in general aren't going to take the time to read the writing on the side of the vehicle they're targeting. Even if they did it looks associated with LE which may void the thought process of "oh they're medics they're not here to hurt me" and replace it with "they're part of the po-lice!!!!! Get 'em!!"

Just my opinion though.

With that said our TEMS unit is a dark blue cargo van. However they don't sit in or around it on incidents. It's just a giant rolling toolbox.

Geeze no wonder I never hear from @Handsome Robb anymore

Hey! I don't only talk to you when life is full of lemons! :( been busy lately with getting ready to move and what not. Sorry I haven't talked to you in a while though :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Is that armored, or just tacti-cool black? We've got our eyes on one of the new Lenco MedEvacs if we can score a grant for it.

Those things are badass! The only thing I don't like is the lack of a side door into the rear compartment like the Bear has. Makes it a little more difficult to position it as a bunker when doing rescues. The teams here. have both a Bear and a BearCat. I believe there's two BearCats and one Bear, might be 2/2 or 3/1 I can't remember if there's a fourth or not and if there is which model it is.

I think the BearCats look way cooler but you can't beat how much room the Bear has in the back.

Gotta get ready to test again coming up in the next 6 months or so. We're doing another TOMS class this year too. You should come play!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
There are a couple others. Ann Arbor Michigan and Madison WI both come to mind. Those both have that "Boulder"feel.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Getting ready to volunteer for about 15 hrs today!! Yeah, volunteer EMTs!! :)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Welp, our medical director put in his resignation today.
Hmm...I've never been through that, so I wonder how that works for an EMS agency? Hopefully he decides to officially remain the medical director until a new one can be named and seamlessly transition. Otherwise I imagine there could be an awkward period for a large urban EMS system as they scramble to find some doc willing to temporarily serve for legal purposes and drug ordering. I guess that's why it's good to have an associate medical director available to keep everything kosher if one decides to leave suddenly.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Those things are badass! The only thing I don't like is the lack of a side door into the rear compartment like the Bear has. Makes it a little more difficult to position it as a bunker when doing rescues. The teams here. have both a Bear and a BearCat. I believe there's two BearCats and one Bear, might be 2/2 or 3/1 I can't remember if there's a fourth or not and if there is which model it is.

I think the BearCats look way cooler but you can't beat how much room the Bear has in the back.

Gotta get ready to test again coming up in the next 6 months or so. We're doing another TOMS class this year too. You should come play!
I had the exact same complaint about the MedEvac. You should be able to pull up right in front of the incident, open the side door, pull the injured in, and drive off without ever being exposed.

We use one Bear and then we have two armored SUVs (the same company that used to make the President's SUVs). Our Lt is always down for adding more tools, though.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...I've never been through that, so I wonder how that works for an EMS agency? Hopefully he decides to officially remain the medical director until a new one can be named and seamlessly transition. Otherwise I imagine there could be an awkward period for a large urban EMS system as they scramble to find some doc willing to temporarily serve for legal purposes and drug ordering. I guess that's why it's good to have an associate medical director available to keep everything kosher if one decides to leave suddenly.

We have a deputy director as well as assistant directors. So the deputy director will be stepping in once the head leaves within the next few weeks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ugh trying to find a place for a reasonable price to hold CPR classes is a pain in the ***. Although once that's accomplished I have students lined up for a bunch of classes ;)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I don't know about no reason. If it's a TEMS unit I'm assuming they're near the warm zone at incidents or at least has the potential to be. With a pain job like that it makes it much more of a target than a regular ambulance paint scheme. Criminals that're dealing with SWAT and just criminals in general aren't going to take the time to read the writing on the side of the vehicle they're targeting. Even if they did it looks associated with LE which may void the thought process of "oh they're medics they're not here to hurt me" and replace it with "they're part of the po-lice!!!!! Get 'em!!"

Just my opinion though.

With that said our TEMS unit is a dark blue cargo van. However they don't sit in or around it on incidents. It's just a giant rolling toolbox.

Hey! I don't only talk to you when life is full of lemons! :( been busy lately with getting ready to move and what not. Sorry I haven't talked to you in a while though :(
The Fire guys have an unmarked Sprinter van for their TEMS vehicle that has a very basic ambulance layout in back and a bunch of storage. Totally innocuous, makes more sense to me.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh trying to find a place for a reasonable price to hold CPR classes is a pain in the ***. Although once that's accomplished I have students lined up for a bunch of classes ;)
Do it at the house! No reason not to, lock the dogs up for a few hours clean the biggest room you got, and do it in there!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Do it at the house! No reason not to, lock the dogs up for a few hours clean the biggest room you got, and do it in there!
Thats actually my fallback. I have been waiting a few more days for my aha dvds tp get here, then that probably will be the plan unless I can finally get through to the local SAR guys about where they do their meetings, or get our volly chief to let me use a room in tbe eoc

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm I love how my, MY, decision to go back to ground 911/CCT is pissing off people that don't bother to talk to me about it. It's so very amusing to me.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thats actually my fallback. I have been waiting a few more days for my aha dvds tp get here, then that probably will be the plan unless I can finally get through to the local SAR guys about where they do their meetings, or get our volly chief to let me use a room in tbe eoc

Church hall? Library meeting room? Community center? Firehouse? I've taught in all of those.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Church hall? Library meeting room? Community center? Firehouse? I've taught in all of those.
I am having trouble getting a hold of churches to ask, especially since I sizzle when I cross the threshold. The local FD doesn't want to let me teach there, since they feel it'll cause their in house CPR instructor to feel like more of an idiot than he is... And my volly station is ten miles outside of town. And I'm playing phone tag with someone from the community center (gotta love small towns where no one is in the offices)
I'm also checking with my volly chief to see if I can use a room in the EOC, since he's the county EM/FMO

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, it's looking more and more like I'm not going to be waivered for my enlistment. Recruiter keeps making comments along those lines. Super down about that lately.
Went in to get my tires changed and ran into my medic preceptor, actually. He's now the chief of EMS for a suburb of phoenix of rather decent size (125k population). We started shooting the **** for a hour or so and he mentioned this city is expanding and wants to have a dedicated medic rig running 24 hours on/ 48 off, station based, with a rather nice starting salary and that he's going to be one of the 2 captains hosting the oral board interview. Told me to shoot him a text, he'd set up some ride alongs on my behalf and get someone to coach me for the interview part.
It's also a job working for city, so get all the benies that the FD does, including 30k a year tuition reimbursement.
Yeah. Pretty stoked about this.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
So, it's looking more and more like I'm not going to be waivered for my enlistment. Recruiter keeps making comments along those lines. Super down about that lately.
Went in to get my tires changed and ran into my medic preceptor, actually. He's now the chief of EMS for a suburb of phoenix of rather decent size (125k population). We started shooting the **** for a hour or so and he mentioned this city is expanding and wants to have a dedicated medic rig running 24 hours on/ 48 off, station based, with a rather nice starting salary and that he's going to be one of the 2 captains hosting the oral board interview. Told me to shoot him a text, he'd set up some ride alongs on my behalf and get someone to coach me for the interview part.
It's also a job working for city, so get all the benies that the FD does, including 30k a year tuition reimbursement.
Yeah. Pretty stoked about this.
I'm curious as to what suburb and what company. Also curious as to whether or not I might know this person.