the 100% directionless thread

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm working the Firefly music festival this weekend. 90,000 made it out here this year. I'm the medic on a gator with two EMTs that responds out to the campgrounds, and there is absolutely nothing to do as ALS. I'm actually having a good time! Riding around as happy ALS cargo works for me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
e9729829aae8b0ceef90c6f5fdd660c2.jpg

Made it to morning! ~40,000 people in my camping area alone, and I was the only medic in this zone since 0300. Things have been busy but super low acuity.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
For that many people, I would expect a bigger stage... hah

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Firefly is along the lines of Coachella and Bonaroo.

Also I finally watched Gone Girl last night. It elicited the "drink because stress" reaction in me. I feel icky.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
3 calls, 1 transport, and about 5 hours of sleep. Damn good night last night.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Packing up for NYC, taking the wife to see New Kids. Then we head out for CA to see the Grateful Dead on Saturday. Woo!

I was on an extended vacation after PA school, and just started work 3 weeks ago, but this is the first real vacation I've had in a long time.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Then we head out for CA to see the Grateful Dead on Saturday. Woo!
Lucky!! You'll love it at Levi's!!! The medical staff there is super chill, should keep an eye out for them! The medical staff at Levi's is the same group that I work with. I really wanted to work the Dead show, but wasn't able to get the day off. :(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
e9729829aae8b0ceef90c6f5fdd660c2.jpg

Made it to morning! ~40,000 people in my camping area alone, and I was the only medic in this zone since 0300. Things have been busy but super low acuity.
I wish our events were that easy. Our ALS carts (I think we have like 7 of them) don't do much as far as treatments either. They just transport to the medical tents were it's set up like an ED.

I believe this year we had ~4 deaths, 10 respiratory arrests, and I don't even know how many people we ended up transporting to the hospitals.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I wish our events were that easy. Our ALS carts (I think we have like 7 of them) don't do much as far as treatments either. They just transport to the medical tents were it's set up like an ED.

I believe this year we had ~4 deaths, 10 respiratory arrests, and I don't even know how many people we ended up transporting to the hospitals.
There were a few legitimate ODs and injuries last night, and probably a few more amongst the various days of the festival. Just none in my area last night, which worked out just fine. Most people are just on Molly, with whatever additives and flavors of the day that come mixed in with it. I did have a moderate allergic reaction right at shift change that needed some paramagicking.