the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do hearing certain calls get toned out excite anyone? Or do I just not have a soul?
Just hikers down because it either means we will have to hike in or we will stage for several hours as the patient is hoisted out with an airship.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Do hearing certain calls get toned out excite anyone? Or do I just not have a soul?
Backcountry calls. You bet I get excited if I get to hike/ATV/ride a horse to a call. Or even just take the truck down some forest service "trails."

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Idk, you think I should go visit the Sheriff's office?

Hell freaking yeah you should go to the Sheriff's office. All bets are off when I'm getting texts saying I'm going to die and others with the location of where I'm headed.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I am on the local Phoenix news and in the paper! http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...y-hydration-stations/28843971/?fb_ref=Default
That's the video.
photo.php
photo.php
photo.php
These are the pics. I volunteered at a hydration station in Phoenix and a man came in with heat exhaustion. I informed them that I'm an EMT and asked if I could help.
There was a reporter and photographer there and it all got captured on camera. I'm so excited. (Can you tell?)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I will be taking the NREMT cognitive exam on 6/22 and the psychomotor exam on 7/31 for paramedic. Almost there.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I will be taking the NREMT cognitive exam on 6/22 and the psychomotor exam on 7/31 for paramedic. Almost there.
And then you get to wait forever like me to have the NREMT process your psychomotor results before they issue you your card. It has been a week and I am still waiting. (Yes I know I am impatient but I want to get back to work, more importantly I want to start working as a medic!) Gurr... why can't USPS be faster and why can't the NREMT check their mail sooner.

Congrats by the way! Done with all your clinical shifts?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
And then you get to wait forever like me to have the NREMT process your psychomotor results before they issue you your card. It has been a week and I am still waiting. (Yes I know I am impatient but I want to get back to work, more importantly I want to start working as a medic!) Gurr... why can't USPS be faster and why can't the NREMT check their mail sooner.

Congrats by the way! Done with all your clinical shifts?
Yeh, I only have to take the two tests and I'll be a medic.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeh, I only have to pass the two tests and I'll be a medic.

;)

I passed every station of the practical first try, but it was a lot more stressful than I thought it was going to be. The examiners did a really good job of stone-facing and not giving any feedback at all. I was sure I was going to need to re-test on 3 or 4 of the stations... Was so happy when they told me I was all set!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Desert just sent me pics of our new boxes... They're so sexy...

PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic

Has the Starship Troopers theme song stuck in my head. Tis epic.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Desert just sent me pics of our new boxes... They're so sexy...

My part time AMR place was where the current box design came from, ironically we have to back to vans because our contract includes an absurd franchise fee. Happily we still have tons of boxes and the vans are only replacing the vans that have too many miles to remain in 911 service. For now at least :(.

CALEMT

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Are we starting to use them now?
Starting July 1st the county is only allowing mods and will not allow type 2s. So when we get an ALS unit that gets 250K miles on it it goes out of service and we have to get a mod.

(The pictures I have are too big to post and I'm not able to resize the pictures at this moment)

CALEMT

Starting July 1st the county is only allowing mods and will not allow type 2s.

I heard the rumor about it awhile back, didn't know it was actually going to happen.