the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That'll be my next pistol as well.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
M&P's are nice. I recommend trying out a Springfield XD series before you purchase though! Used both and decided to go with the XD9, awesome handgun.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nice. I think my next purchase for firearms will be a .357SIG barrel for my .40 SIG 2022. Basically another gun in one ::)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
M&P's are nice. I recommend trying out a Springfield XD series before you purchase though! Used both and decided to go with the XD9, awesome handgun.

I have a XD-s 45 as my CCW. I like XD's, I am indifferent to XDM's

Nice. I think my next purchase for firearms will be a .357SIG barrel for my .40 SIG 2022. Basically another gun in one ::)

I want a .357 sig at some point just for S&G.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Been a busy couple of days

My ambulance would beat up your ambulance.

I've never had an ambulance that was uncomfortably tall before. Now I do.

That said... I've already taken it places where a mere mortal ambulance would have gotten stuck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 203

JPINFV

Gadfly
So California Chrome didn't win the Triple Crown yesterday, but don't worry, they already have a new job lined up. Introducing iGlue.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

That said... I've already taken it places where a mere mortal ambulance would have gotten stuck.

Lol I know what you mean. Yours looks almost identical to mine. Except a few years older. It's a Wheeled Coach Type I on a 4x4 F450 chassis. This thing gets abused on lease roads out to oil rigs on a regular basis and comes back for more. I actually like it, which is saying something considering I usually hate boxes and anything other than Type IIs

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Lol I know what you mean. Yours looks almost identical to mine. Except a few years older. It's a Wheeled Coach Type I on a 4x4 F450 chassis. This thing gets abused on lease roads out to oil rigs on a regular basis and comes back for more. I actually like it, which is saying something considering I usually hate boxes and anything other than Type IIs
Pretty much. Mine is less frills... No side steps, and a HIGH 4x4. But handles well and doesn't complain.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Is Medstar Ambulance in Mendocino County, California really not capable of performing 12-leads? I tried looking at their protocols, I think Coastal Valley EMS, and does have protocols for 12-leads, but not sure.

Somebody at work told me I should look at doing my internship with them because they have a wide scope of practice. "They can give magnesium for shortness of breath." For some reason they told me "They can't do 12-leads," which made me question if they really have a significantly wider scope of practice compared to the rest of California. To me, an ALS ambulance not being able to do a 12-lead is like a hotel room not having a bathroom. :/

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I didn't know "shortness of breath" was an indication for mag... :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well it's how the call starts lol

:rofl:

Fair enough.

Jon and TJ....I wish we went with the Type 1 crew or extended cab they were talking about. Heck even the dodge single cab's front seats recline more than our Type 3s. Sounds like they decided on Type 3 Ford gassers...booooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Sad day in the Las Vegas area. 2 metro officers were shot and killed while eating lunch.:sad:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Sad day in the Las Vegas area. 2 metro officers were shot and killed while eating lunch.:sad:

I saw that. So sad. I can't understand how people can do things like this. It seems premeditated.

They might not be EMS but they're still our brothers and sisters. Rest easy boys, we'll take it from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Extremely sad.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

I got you both beat. And even with air ride it goes down goat paths like it ain't no thang.
5enypu2e.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Y'all wanna know the best part of the last three rigs posted?

They're all Fords ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have a kodiak chevy and an international medium duty I can take pictures of too lol