the 100% directionless thread

CFal

Forum Captain
u7ypeved.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We also have a big 4x4 club car with a regular Stryker and room for 3 medics plus a patient and all the ALS gear. Damn near an ambulance.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We have 2 (I think, might be 3) badass 4 seat 4x4 Polaris side-by-sides with a gurney and attendant seat. Also have a bunch of Gators like the ones you guys have.

We do an ungodly amount of event coverage.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
How has it gone with a second EMS provider there?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
How has it gone with a second EMS provider there?

What? Here?

Our contract doesn't allow any other ambulance services in the county sans for one teeny ALS dept that transports from their lake town.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Oh sorry. I should have given better context. DEmedic! How did it go with two providers there? Since you said you had been contacted by another company to help with the same event you were already working.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
8ateme9e.jpg

In a similar vein to Chaz's post, yes I am tuning my skis in the bay.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Also did a big fat nothing today. Although, I have the man cold and just rolled up on the couch and slept.

I actually never saw any other EMS people at the Punkin Chunkin event. We ran a lot of stuff, mostly minor.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I hate hate hate Sundays that are slow through the day and then I get my *** kicked all night.

I hate 24 hour shifts right now. I'm exercising, I'm eating well, I sleep enough on my day off, I'm tired.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah Sunday, 12 hour shift, we had one 911 call that got reassigned to another u it before we even pulled onto the street. Then we sat around at post almost until the end of shift and then caught an IFT w/ 2 hours left in shift

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I expected to do nothing today, and then I did something. :[

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
And after I clocked out I was chatting with one of our supervisor/dispatchers, and apparently tomorrow we have 15 crews on shift, but only 12 ambulances in service for tomorrow. So I guess there's a slim chance I may get tomorrow off.

Which if that happens, while I don't like driving 40 miles one way into work just to turn around and go home, I'd make an exception for tomorrow since that's the day the movers put everything on the truck and we officially move out of the house I grew up in for the past 20something years

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And after I clocked out I was chatting with one of our supervisor/dispatchers, and apparently tomorrow we have 15 crews on shift, but only 12 ambulances in service for tomorrow. So I guess there's a slim chance I may get tomorrow off.

Which if that happens, while I don't like driving 40 miles one way into work just to turn around and go home, I'd make an exception for tomorrow since that's the day the movers put everything on the truck and we officially move out of the house I grew up in for the past 20something years

I like those days. We have the option of going home with no pay or staying and doing pretty much nothing for normal pay.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
agymamyh.jpg

Look at how the cool kids in dispatch send us calls now. It's downright precious. I don't quite know what a "less than three attack" is, but I'll get right on it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
agymamyh.jpg

Look at how the cool kids in dispatch send us calls now. It's downright precious. I don't quite know what a "less than three attack" is, but I'll get right on it.

I'm about 99% sure your being facetious but the other 1% isn't so sure hahah