the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I wish we had nice rigs.

I don't want to hear it... Our 9 month old rigs are already about 100k, and one of the trucks we got when we stood up our operation almost two years ago just rolled over to 300k....

Achilles

Forum Moron
I don't want to hear it... Our 9 month old rigs are already about 100k, and one of the trucks we got when we stood up our operation almost two years ago just rolled over to 300k....

Our 13 year old rig has only 30,000 miles on it :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
He was driving at that point and I was charting.

I could have overruled him since I was riding, not sure why I didn't. Our bid just started...4 months. We get along really well but if this is a daily occurrence someone is gonna get shot.

Tigger's radio rules: Driver gets first choice but passenger can veto so long as a mutually agreed change can be agreed upon.

Though that was back in the straight BLS car days where we could always switch off on calls. Hmm maybe time for an update...oh wait if I change the radio here 100% of my partners will threaten grievous bodily harm if it isn't another country station.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Tigger's radio rules: Driver gets first choice but passenger can veto so long as a mutually agreed change can be agreed upon.

Though that was back in the straight BLS car days where we could always switch off on calls. Hmm maybe time for an update...oh wait if I change the radio here 100% of my partners will threaten grievous bodily harm if it isn't another country station.

Sounds like my kinda place.

I'm flexible when it comes to music. As long as it is in English (so I have understand it) and not oldies I am good. We have a couple of radio stations that are really common and are programmed on all the rigs.

The other popular options are using a cassette player in the older rigs to play music from iPods/iPhones, or a wireless FM transmitter, on the new rigs they have a "line in" to the radio so we can just plug it in.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't listen to the radio without my phone, haha. Everything that plays around here sucks.. horribly.

On a serious note, I just love how I haven't seen my girl in 3 1/2 months and the first night we're together, we're arguing, because I talked to the girl at Wendy's for "too long". Seriously...?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Same for us. Some of our BLS rigs are around 8-10 years old and have around 500,000 miles on them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sounds like my kinda place.

I'm flexible when it comes to music. As long as it is in English (so I have understand it) and not oldies I am good. We have a couple of radio stations that are really common and are programmed on all the rigs.

The other popular options are using a cassette player in the older rigs to play music from iPods/iPhones, or a wireless FM transmitter, on the new rigs they have a "line in" to the radio so we can just plug it in.

I make use of the line in whenever possible. That way there is no evidence of a station change :rofl:.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I make use of the line in whenever possible. That way there is no evidence of a station change :rofl:.

Last time I used it I made my medic mad. I decided to play some justin Bieber, Miley, Rebecca black, and everything else that I could think of. Payback can be a pain in butt.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
100mg IV Labetalol, 80 IV Lasix, and 2in Nitropaste. Sounds good to me.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

That's about what we're at. Except it's ALL vans. My normal unit is 265k right now.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's about what we're at. Except it's ALL vans. My normal unit is 265k right now.

We have two boxes, three if you count our Bari truck.. The newest is an 09 Sprinter Type III from River Medical (used to be their CCT truck) that has almost 200k. The others are close to 300k. Luckily as a supervisor I get one of the new trucks, but I like Type IIs... and the gas engine in the van's will HAUL :)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We have two boxes, three if you count our Bari truck.. The newest is an 09 Sprinter Type III from River Medical (used to be their CCT truck) that has almost 200k. The others are close to 300k. Luckily as a supervisor I get one of the new trucks, but I like Type IIs... and the gas engine in the van's will HAUL :)

I totally prefer the smoothness of the diesels xD

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
All our units are boxes on van chassis.

All are diesel :p I asked how much trouble is get in if I took the SCT chip out of my truck and put it on my medic unit...the mechanic said lets do it...the operations manager wasn't as gung-ho lol.

Both are the same motor, only 1 year off. My truck has about 110k less miles though.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
All our units are boxes on van chassis.

All are diesel :p I asked how much trouble is get in if I took the SCT chip out of my truck and put it on my medic unit...the mechanic said lets do it...the operations manager wasn't as gung-ho lol.

Both are the same motor, only 1 year off. My truck has about 110k less miles though.

That would be my ideal box.... Blehhhh! Any openings? :ph34r:

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
and the gas engine in the van's will HAUL :)

From my experience the gas engines can get you going quick fast and in a hurry on level ground. Add any sort of incline and they really start falling behind. Not to mention gas units eat more fuel. (In my experience)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I totally prefer the smoothness of the diesels xD

I actually find the gas units to be smoother while shifting. It's takes a while to feather the gas pedal to have a smooth take off.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
From my experience the gas engines can get you going quick fast and in a hurry on level ground. Add any sort of incline and they really start falling behind. Not to mention gas units eat more fuel. (In my experience)

The type 2 gas units? I've had that experience with the gas type 3's but not the vans.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually find the gas units to be smoother while shifting. It's takes a while to feather the gas pedal to have a smooth take off.

The gas unit I spent most of my time in (24240) would almost always red line when taking off hard, it suckedddd!

JPINFV

Gadfly
That happens to us every now and again. We don't have MDTs though so mapping is pretty standard. Either way though I feel your pain.

I'm trying not to reach across the cab and strangle my partner. Nsync then Brittney Spears and now The Backstreet Boys? About 2 songs away from pulling the "what does it say on the side and back of the ambulance" card.

Could be worse? After all, do you know What Does the Fox Say?