the 100% directionless thread

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
During my FTO time we did a call in on a full arrest. The MICN asked us for pulse, BP, and Resp rate.

LOL...not my call, but I know a medic that was working a full arrest in the middle of a church service with just his EMT partner because fire was tied up on an actual fire, and dispatch kept asking for patient status to relay to fire while he was in the middle of trying to do a million different things. Finally the medic lost his cool and told dispatch that the patient was dead and that he was busy trying to fix it. :rofl:

In the medic's words it was worth it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LOL...not my call, but I know a medic that was working a full arrest in the middle of a church service with just his EMT partner because fire was tied up on an actual fire, and dispatch kept asking for patient status to relay to fire while he was in the middle of trying to do a million different things. Finally the medic lost his cool and told dispatch that the patient was dead and that he was busy trying to fix it. :rofl:

In the medic's words it was worth it.

The last call in a church I had, fire and us walk in at the same time and see people joining hands and praying very loudly for the lady with CP in the middle. It was soo awkward doing an assessment and treatments surrounded by everyone.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
The last call in a church I had, fire and us walk in at the same time and see people joining hands and praying very loudly for the lady with CP in the middle. It was soo awkward doing an assessment and treatments surrounded by everyone.

I walked into a home bible study once with something similar, but there were only about 10 people doing the prayer and holding hands thing. More power to them, but they were loud. I asked them if God could hear their prayers if silent. Of course the answer was yes, so I told them their volume was interfering with my ability to carry out the Lords plan. They happily obliged and were quiet after that. I thanks them and assured them that Jesus had a reserved seat in the back of the ambulance next to the patient.

I don't mind religion or it's practices until it interferes with my ability to do my job. It's all about creative solutions. Now working on Muslim women when no women providers are available is interesting, especially when the cultural role of the male/husband is to make all important decisions which obviously clashes with our medico legal practices.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Why does PD insist on requesting an ambulance even if the patient doesn't want it and no crime has been committed? If they're awake and refusing medical don't make me drive code 3 for half an hour plus the 20 minutes we were already away from the garage, after my shift ended, then cancel me when we get within a mile of the scene using "they're going POV" as your excuse. We were cancelled originally for that before we even got going then you re-request us. Especially when I'm already down 3 charts.

I have a very strong dislike for rural LE officers right now.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Lol, indeed. My super awesome spectacular shifts have been known to end with horrific calls at the end of the shift.

This one ended with eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I feel bad for today's crew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
HaHa...I love this. Especially because I know some folks that are big into CAM:

1234141_576599012397387_62609796_n.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I would consider this an abnormal chest x ray...

Attachments

• photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 319

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I saw a article the other day that was proving if there is more then two paramedics on scene that patient care actually decreases. They used southern California as an example where sometimes there is up to 5 medics on scene at the same time and that it needs to be changed. I can see how it would cause problems. it was a pretty good article and now I can't find it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I saw a article the other day that was proving if there is more then two paramedics on scene that patient care actually decreases. They used southern California as an example where sometimes there is up to 5 medics on scene at the same time and that it needs to be changed. I can see how it would cause problems. it was a pretty good article and now I can't find it.

If all the medics on scene try to act like medics then yes. Generally what happens is all other medics will act as EMTs on scene.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Getting paid to eat ribs and watch Bad Company live...be jealous ;)

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
If all the medics on scene try to act like medics then yes. Generally what happens is all other medics will act as EMTs on scene.

Well that's a good thing, but I am sure you have seen some type of conflict with the other medics on scene. I know ever one works well together because all they want is to provide great patient care but there's always times when people disagree with each other.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I personally disagree, I think that 2-3 paramedics on-scene allows us to divide and conquer a complex patient with our full attentions on each individual station we need. Unfortunately, I don't think that our EMT-Basics share the same utility in most cases- they are great go-fers and assistants, but an AEMT is what I think is the minimum to be really 'useful' in terms of education.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I personally disagree, I think that 2-3 paramedics on-scene allows us to divide and conquer a complex patient with our full attentions on each individual station we need. Unfortunately, I don't think that our EMT-Basics share the same utility in most cases- they are great go-fers and assistants, but an AEMT is what I think is the minimum to be really 'useful' in terms of education.

I have been on scene with there being more than 2 medics and it has worked great,most like working duel medic more anyways. but it's a small town so they all have great respect for each other. If its the same in big cities then I really see no problem with it. I do agree AEMT is better then basics working with a medic partner not trying to down them at all, I was one for a while.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think having multiple paramedics on scene is only a good idea if they have the same plan. Problems occur when they come up with two different treatment plan, and disagree with each other.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hard water deposits are a pain in the *** to get out. Spent about 3 hours today between a clay bar and scratch remover/buffing wheel trying to get them all out followed by hand waxing to protect. I think I'm a little more than half way done.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just wait until fall, winter, and spring and I will have payback haha.

I've decided that I don't think I'm going to pick up OT in the field anymore, only events. Today was rad and a dollar stacking day with 12 hours of time and a half to write a few paper charts that take like 10 minutes tops compared to our regular ePCRs at 20-40 minutes.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I learned that if you leave lettuce out long enough it turns to liquid!