the 100% directionless thread

I don't know what brand we use for our CCT transports but all I know is they break rather easily. I would not want to use those in a 911 setting.

So that was the answer I'm fairly certain I was wanting... I'll let you all know in the morning lol...I guess it's hard to break a 60 dropper and math! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So that was the answer I'm fairly certain I was wanting... I'll let you all know in the morning lol...I guess it's hard to break a 60 dropper and math! :D

Sounds like a challenge :ph34r:

Jambi, I don't see my reason why a pump couldn't survive the EMS setting. It's a piece of equipment that stays in the truck. You're not setting up a nitro drip in a patient's home...there's no reason you can't use SL nitro until you get to your rig. Antiarrhythmics are the only exception that I could think of but there's no reason you can't do it on gravity then move to the pump when you're in the truck. Same goes for pressors. It's not ideal but not much we do in EMS is...

Only our CCT medics have pumps but HEMS all over the world have been using them for years without problems and they're in a much rougher environment when you consider vibration and what not.

I'm not really understanding why you're asking if o don't do drips over time...why would you need a pump?

The three channel mini med pumps are hard to kill. I've tried lol

The three channel mini med pumps are hard to kill. I've tried lol

That's what we have, and what I had at my last job. They're good little pump for thin medications, but they love to error out, especially with propofol. We would always get fluid side occlusions. So make sure you got a 10cc syringe primed on one of the ports of the tubing to push a quick bolus if it errors and the patient starts coming to while you're fixing it.

That's what we have, and what I had at my last job. They're good little pump for thin medications, but they love to error out, especially with propofol. We would always get fluid side occlusions. So make sure you got a 10cc syringe primed on one of the ports of the tubing to push a quick bolus if it errors and the patient starts coming to while you're fixing it.

Fluid side occlusions are just a "notification" on the MedSystem. If you set it up to clear the notification it shouldn't happen again. Another trick is filling the drip chamber to the top.

Jambi, I don't see my reason why a pump couldn't survive the EMS setting. It's a piece of equipment that stays in the truck. You're not setting up a nitro drip in a patient's home...there's no reason you can't use SL nitro until you get to your rig. Antiarrhythmics are the only exception that I could think of but there's no reason you can't do it on gravity then move to the pump when you're in the truck. Same goes for pressors. It's not ideal but not much we do in EMS is...

Only our CCT medics have pumps but HEMS all over the world have been using them for years without problems and they're in a much rougher environment when you consider vibration and what not.

I'm not really understanding why you're asking if o don't do drips over time...why would you need a pump?

There was no specific reason why I was asking. I don't really see much of reason to have a pump on an ambulance either (at least in my area), but my twisted thought process was mulling over the ruggedness of the equipment. I don't see a reason to make it routine use on a typical ambulance. Consider it a thought process when I had nothing better to do at work lol. :lol:

Fluid side occlusions are just a "notification" on the MedSystem. If you set it up to clear the notification it shouldn't happen again. Another trick is filling the drip chamber to the top.

Hmm, wish I would have known that at my old job, we transported propofol drips at least once every 2 days.

There was no specific reason why I was asking. I don't really see much of reason to have a pump on an ambulance either (at least in my area), but my twisted thought process was mulling over the ruggedness of the equipment. I don't see a reason to make it routine use on a typical ambulance. Consider it a thought process when I had nothing better to do at work lol. :lol:

Ahh gotcha ;)

We use the mini med 3 channel as well and they seem to stand up pretty well to our CCPs beating on them repeatedly. :D

What is this well-oiled and efficient witchcraft? Yay for the Germans!

http://www.wimp.com/reactsiren/

I've had that happen once so far on our Main Street in downtown. It was pretty cool. Amazing what changing siren tones, using the air horn, and the rumbler will do :D

Ahh gotcha ;)

We use the mini med 3 channel as well and they seem to stand up pretty well to our CCPs beating on them repeatedly. :D

As do ours, no one takes them out of the rig and they stay mounted to a pole in the action area.

The Borg's reach has now spread to rural Sussex County Delaware. This O2 regulator was found on a BLS FD ambulance where AMR doesn't even operate. I haven't seen a single AMR rig in DE or the Eastern Shore of MD since I've been here, yet the signs of their presence persist.

2u4y7yza.jpg

The Borg's reach has now spread to rural Sussex County Delaware. This O2 regulator was found on a BLS FD ambulance where AMR doesn't even operate. I haven't seen a single AMR rig in DE or the Eastern Shore of MD since I've been here, yet the signs of their presence persist.

2u4y7yza.jpg

They have a way of getting around

2u4y7yza.jpg

Definitely not from the MD portion, or VA either. There are only really 4 or 5 privates running for the area, and non are AMR.

2u4y7yza.jpg

The Borg is Acadian. We are the evil empire lol

Back