the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a real bad habit of putting my feet on the dash while we're posted. I hate our Chevys, no room to put them up there!

I'm 5'8" and have plenty of room in my usual unit. It's an 03 or 04 E450. My partner likes to sit with her back against the dash and feet up on the shelves under the pass-through. I tried it, just a little bit too tall. Damn! haha

In our Chev type 1(normal unit) I can't get my feet up but I can curl up against the door and be comfy. Sprinters I can put my feet up and stretch.

Fords depend on where the bulkhead wall is. We have a couple spare units with about a foot of space before the wall and I can lean back and put my head against the side behind the door- and it's padded like a built in pillow. Love that spare truck.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Today, I medicated away pelvic inflammatory disease with 200mcg fentanyl + 4mg morphine and 50mg benedryl (itching post-morphine).

Then I turned around and relieved some pancreatitis. Another 200mcg of fent.

Then we had a woman whose teenage girlfriend mistook daily morning medications for a suicide attempt.

Attachments

• amr and emsa 1.jpg
    amr and emsa 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 246

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
This actually made me laugh
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgg1WUJhUc4[/YOUTUBE]

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
ive got legroom...yey F450.

Attachments

• 20130223_191803.jpg
    20130223_191803.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 212

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Yawn. ...and in other important jobs that require a commitment we don't need to go around patting ourselves on the back.

Nor would one of your co-workers die for you on any given day.

Emphasizing brotherhood, teamwork, pride and dedication is hardly back patting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Today, I medicated away pelvic inflammatory disease with 200mcg fentanyl + 4mg morphine and 50mg benedryl (itching post-morphine).

Then I turned around and relieved some pancreatitis. Another 200mcg of fent.

Then we had a woman whose teenage girlfriend mistook daily morning medications for a suicide attempt.

You and I would run out of narcotics on a daily basis if we were ever partners :lol:

These EOS traumatic arrests need to stop.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nor would one of your co-workers who you may never have even said hello to, die for you on any given day.

Emphasizing brotherhood, pride and dedication is hardly back patting.

Oh, trust me, the difficulty of medical school allows me to connect pretty quickly to the vast majority of other medical students.

In regards to pride, just about all medical students and physicians have a good chunk of pride at our accomplishments. We just don't need to blow a trumpet before ourselves letting everyone else know it.

In regards to dedication, I'll trade you a month of IM, surgery, or OB/Gyn for a month sitting around playing Madden in a fire house. Dedication? Dedication is spending 90 hours in a week, including 2 30 hour shifts in a hospital and coming back and saying, "Please sir, may I have another." Fire fighters work what? 24 on, 48 off? ::giggle::

Oh, but please continue to pat yourself on your back for standing in a straight line while getting a pep talk. I'll just keep trucking along knowing that I don't rely on making sure that other people go, "Oh, cool beans, look at him pat himself on the back."

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, trust me, the difficulty of medical school allows me to connect pretty quickly to the vast majority of other medical students.

In regards to pride, just about all medical students and physicians have a good chunk of pride at our accomplishments. We just don't need to blow a trumpet before ourselves letting everyone else know it.

In regards to dedication, I'll trade you a month of IM, surgery, or OB/Gyn for a month sitting around playing Madden in a fire house. Dedication? Dedication is spending 90 hours in a week, including 2 30 hour shifts in a hospital and coming back and saying, "Please sir, may I have another." Fire fighters work what? 24 on, 48 off? ::giggle::

Oh, but please continue to pat yourself on your back for standing in a straight line while getting a pep talk. I'll just keep trucking along knowing that I don't rely on making sure that other people go, "Oh, cool beans, look at him pat himself on the back."

And no one ever said the accolades of becoming a physician weren't equally admirable.

For the record, I see plenty of MD license plates during my commute every day. If people didn't need/want people know they were a physician, why would it need to be advertised so blatantly on their vehicle?

Why do doctors often insist on making dinner reservations under "Doctor so and so."

If you think there is 0 back patting in the medical world you are sadly mistaken.

I have nothing but respect for anyone who can make it through medical school but seriously, do you have to be an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: about it for no reason?

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
For the record, I see plenty of MD license plates during my commute every day. If people didn't need/want people know they were a physician, why would it need to be advertised so blatantly on their vehicle?

I've seen a lot more fire fighter stickers or plates than physician plates...
Why do doctors often insist on making dinner reservations under "Doctor so and so."

2 things.

1. Those are the people who generally get people despising physicians.

2. Society has allowed those with terminal doctorate degrees, regardless of field, to use "doctor" as the proper salutation in place of "Mr." or Mrs." It's arguably culturally acceptable, provided they aren't putting any more specific emphasis on "Doctor" than they would on "Mr." or "Mrs."

If you think there is 0 back patting in the medical world you are sadly mistaken.

No... we're just not putting it on Youtube and making posts on SDN saying, "Dude, look at us. WE'RE DOCTORS! ___ YEA!"

I have nothing but respect for anyone who can make it through medical school but seriously, do you have to be an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: about it for no reason?

Why do fire fighters need to act like they're the only ones with brotherhood, dedication, and pride?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Both of you need to knock it off right now, or you will become the focus of my complete and undivided attention.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361687750.425766.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Been non stop tonight. Delta unconscious that turn out to be Drunks, respiratory distress CPAP, and then...

8y6utame.jpg

Really? FML.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Been non stop tonight. Delta unconscious that turn out to be Drunks, respiratory distress CPAP, and then...

8y6utame.jpg

Really? FML.

I believe it is a HIPPA violation to post a patients picture :rofl

(Just so no one tries to correct me I know it's HIPAA)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I believe it is a HIPPA violation to post a patients picture :rofl

(Just so no one tries to correct me I know it's HIPAA)

patient's*