the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Got dinged on my home medication test for putting beta 2 agonist for albuterol and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for fluoxetine. :( The answer was bronchodilator and antidepressant.
oC0OZ.gif

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Got dinged on my home medication test for putting beta 2 agonist for albuterol and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for fluoxetine. :( The answer was bronchodilator and antidepressant.

I would demand my money back.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

I had a patients family member demand a supervisor and file a complaint because I had the audacity to ask medically relevant questions instead of just taking the patient to the hospital like a good ambulance driver. She even pulled out the "I've had people fired from your agency before" and "It's even flagged on my house that if we call 911 a supervisor HAS to show up!" Needless to say my supervisor laughed when I told him the situation.

How DARE I say it was ok for a patient who had not had an appetite for 5 days be allowed to eat or drink when the 'lady in dispatch' said not to!

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
These past few weeks I'm finding myself losing faith in everything I once believed in...this upsets me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Finally got my set date on when I'll be moving up to a 911 shift. The 10th. And who's shift am I taking over? None other than the world famous firefite's!

They grow up soo fast *tear* :rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
These past few weeks I'm finding myself losing faith in everything I once believed in...this upsets me.

Sorry to hear that Fast. Not much I can do to help sadly but if you need to talk my PM is always open

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sorry to hear that Fast. Not much I can do to help sadly but if you need to talk my PM is always open

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Dobermans tend to get very possessive of those they like. :D

It's perplexing to me.. The baby doesn't pet her, or feed her, or praise her. The baby doesn't play with her, the baby doesn't do anything. It's perplexing to me how a dog can look at something that has no value to improving the dog's existence, and show affection or possession.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a patients family member demand a supervisor and file a complaint because I had the audacity to ask medically relevant questions instead of just taking the patient to the hospital like a good ambulance driver. She even pulled out the "I've had people fired from your agency before" and "It's even flagged on my house that if we call 911 a supervisor HAS to show up!" Needless to say my supervisor laughed when I told him the situation.

How DARE I say it was ok for a patient who had not had an appetite for 5 days be allowed to eat or drink when the 'lady in dispatch' said not to!

Having this problem right now with a family of a patient. They thought our scene time was too long because they beat us to the hospital.

Epi-do

I see dead people
We were dispatched for a MVC yesterday afternoon, and the information was given to us in tiny little pieces with different radio traffic in between each tidbit. It was almost humorous, and left us wondering if there was really much more that could have been added before we got there.

"XYZ Medic, please assist ABC Fire & EMS with a 10-50 accident at 123 Main Street... Be advised, bystanders are reporting possible entrapment... The vehicle is reported to be inverted... Bystanders now reporting it is on fire... The vehicle has went off the bridge... There is a possible gas leak... Gas company advises that line is a high pressure line..."

We get there, and the van is inverted in the creek, off the bridge, but there was no fire or gas leak. The driver was completely fine, and was able to go BLS to the hospital.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It's perplexing to me.. The baby doesn't pet her, or feed her, or praise her. The baby doesn't play with her, the baby doesn't do anything. It's perplexing to me how a dog can look at something that has no value to improving the dog's existence, and show affection or possession.

It's easy to understand once you realize that the dog views the kid as a self-propelled chew toy. :rofl:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That was one of the most surprising things to me when I started- how people in so many terrible-looking accidents could so consistently have virtually no injuries.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
That was one of the most surprising things to me when I started- how people in so many terrible-looking accidents could so consistently have virtually no injuries.

What I've noticed is that the ones that usually cause the accident are the ones who are usually injured the least...:glare: seems like one of those life is unfair kinda deals.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We get there, and the van is inverted in the creek, off the bridge, but there was no fire or gas leak. The driver was completely fine, and was able to go BLS to the hospital.

Had a call to a "Major MVC with entrapment and fire".

The fire was the smoke from airbags, and the entrapment was "My door handle is stuck so I had to get out the other side".

Also had a "Rollover with ejection and entrapment". Get on scene to find a car with minor dents and scratches to the side, totally perplexed as to how it came out differently.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Had a call to a "Major MVC with entrapment and fire".

The fire was the smoke from airbags, and the entrapment was "My door handle is stuck so I had to get out the other side".

Also had a "Rollover with ejection and entrapment". Get on scene to find a car with minor dents and scratches to the side, totally perplexed as to how it came out differently.

:lol: Those are every other shift!

My favorite car fire was one that PD called in for us. We get to the location that was given and there was nothing there. Asked PD for more info; they told us the vehicle was still mobile and they were trying to get the driver to pull over. He was over 2mi from the initial location :lol:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We had one where the car went off the road and flipped bumper over bumper before landing on it's wheels. It didn't even deploy the airbags. :eek:

How do we know that's what happened? PD was chasing the guy and caught it all on dash cam.