the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Who ever thought it was a good idea to start the nursing process while still in medic and working full time?

Didn't you learn from me and all my *****ing working FT EMS and going to Medic School!? You're a nut!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't have strong enough words to describe how much I dislike my job today. It's been one of those nights.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
Been sitting in traffic for 30 min trying to go 1km to get on the Halifax bridge. It's -12C and snowing. I think all the idiot drivers have come out. Did I mention I hate cities. And Halifax is small (350,000 or so). They can't pay me enough to work here and put up with this everyday. I just want to drop my pt off at the CCath lab, pick up my return and get the _____ out of here. Roads will be bad enough going home.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hell ya! Class is cancelled because its too cold!!!! I am going I sleep. Thank The Lord, hallelujah, praise Jesus! Bed here I come!

Burrrrr! It's a chilly 51 degrees here in Socal. :cool:

Anjel

Forum Angel

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't have strong enough words to describe how much I dislike my job today. It's been one of those nights.

That was my day yesterday. I started inventing new swear words about 4hrs into my shift.

Spyro2500

Forum Probie
So I go to the cinema to watch a film I have wanted to see for ages - Les Miserables , sit in front of a very very overweight guy - he goes to the washroom right in the middle of the really sad bit - comes back all out of breath wheezing and sounding generally unwell and proceeds to collapse! Seriously the first time I have been out in months and end up having to deal with him instead! Boo!

SSwain

Forum Captain
I successfully avoided frostbite Sat night/Sun morning during an MVA.
Temps down in the single digits, and wind gusting up to 45-50 mph.

Fingers were cold to the touch for an hour afterwards. Turnout gear kept the core warm, but the digits not so much.

This morning it was Negative 9 F.
Currently hovering at a balmy 0
wind chills makes it feel like 20 below

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
How I love winter and the cold weather! :p It's a chilly 67 degrees today :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles

Forum Moron
I successfully avoided frostbite Sat night/Sun morning during an MVA.
Temps down in the single digits, and wind gusting up to 45-50 mph.

Fingers were cold to the touch for an hour afterwards. Turnout gear kept the core warm, but the digits not so much.

This morning it was Negative 9 F.
Currently hovering at a balmy 0
wind chills makes it feel like 20 below

Ya it was -2 here in Detroit, I think it's up to about 7 now. With -6 wind chill.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Hey guys,

My wife says "if I can get a million likes I can get a bunny"
ST:censored:U

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Hooray, my TENS unit came. Now I can work on healing my trapezius while my legs get worse and worse for another 16 weeks.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Hooray, my TENS unit came. Now I can work on healing my trapezius while my legs get worse and worse for another 16 weeks.

What do they do for OTJ (or, I guess, during training) injuries during the fire academy?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
What do they do for OTJ (or, I guess, during training) injuries during the fire academy?

For us, if the recovery time was longer than two weeks or so, they'd hold us back and restart us with the next class.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

Since we are all EMS promotional hires, they put you out line of duty injury/light duty and recycle you to the next class. Assuming there is a next class.

We have quite a few people already out injury. Seems we lose one a day to the running/PT.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Hey guys,

My wife says "if I can get a million likes I can get a bunny"
ST:censored:U

Seriously, these things make me so mad.

If you want a bunny, go get a bunny, your wife is not the government and you shouldn't have to petition to get what you want.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Seriously, these things make me so mad.

If you want a bunny, go get a bunny, your wife is not the government and you shouldn't have to petition to get what you want.

You have obviously never been married....