the 100% directionless thread

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Doing pushups on jagged asphalt is painful.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Some of the threads on this site...:rolleyes::blink:

Is there a problem you'd like us to address.

... I'm in a mood tonight.

nybu2e8e.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Is there a problem you'd like us to address.

... I'm in a mood tonight.

Just my personal opinion but I think certain new members could use some tips on what should posted in this thread as opposed to starting multiple new threads just to make a simple statement.

Also, when creating new threads please have a little more detail than one sentence.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I agree, but we like to have the Older, more experienced members help to "guide" some of the newer folks.

I certainly won't pull back the curtain, but there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes here with the CLs.

This is typically a very well behaved group of individuals, very simple… It doesn't take an awful lot of moderation to keep things in order. Most of the time, the group self polices. We just have to do a little bit of "housecleaning", moving posts to the correct section of the forum… That sort of thing. But, if you ever see something that's really out of line… Use the report the post button. It gets to all of us quickly and one of us will usually swoop in and fix it.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Just my personal opinion but I think certain new members could use some tips on what should posted in this thread as opposed to starting multiple new threads just to make a simple statement.

Also, when creating new threads please have a little more detail than one sentence.

"Ok then" :rofl:
That's quote of the day for the week.

I agree with chase though.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Anjel

Forum Angel
So for my psychology class, that I started today, we are doing historical psychologists speed dating.

I was assigned B.F. Skinner. This is my pitch.

Hi my name is BF Skinner. I was born in 1904 and like long walks on the beach. I am an athiest. I was raised in Scranton, PA (home of the show "the office"), after my 16 y.o brother died of a brain aneurysm.

Life to me is all about rewards. If you are good you get rewarded with food and pellets. If you are bad I electrocute or burn you.

I even invented a cage for my baby or as I like to call it "air crib" where it is climate controlled and makes things easier on my ex wife.

I am very thoughtful like that. So pick me! And call me YOUR BF.

Epi-do

I see dead people
:/ sending as many positive vibes your way as I can spare.

Thanks, BBG!

Here's the updates for both that I posted on another board.

First for my husband:

My husband's surgery went well. The surgeon was happy with how the site looked when he got in there, and was able to get it cleaned up some more without any problems. He will most likely get to come home tomorrow, or Wednesday, at the latest.

There is a very, very small possibility the infection affected the graft, and he may have to have a second graft on a small portion of the break, but they don't think that is likely. He will have weekly follow up appointments for the infection and appointments every 4 weeks for the break.

I know it is going to take some time to get this all cleared up, but hopefully it happens as quickly as possible, and without any additional complications.

And then, for the dog:

Well, I feel like a total idiot. Apparently, what was in between my dog's toes was a piece of gum. In my defense, because it had dirt on it, it looked just like the skin on the pads of their feet, and it was so imbedded in the fur, that it was all the way down the fur, right up against the skin. Even the vet wasn't completely sure what it was until she got the clippers out and started shaving her foot.

Her foot is a little bit irritated, from her trying to get the gum out on her own. Other than that, she is completely fine.