the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Rob, that's totally the way to go. Sounds very mature and level headed.

Good luck on the fire monkey test. If you get the job, I promise I'll still respect you.

Thank you for both! I'm trying to finally grow up and do things right. Idk what it is, but I've got a good feeling about this one. Hopefully I'm right.

Glad you respect me, might be alone on that one though.

Fire isn't exactly where I want to be but I can't argue with 48/96s, low to medium call volume and a bigger salary. Especially when two OT shifts a month makes an entire paycheck at my job now. I know life isn't about money and I make plenty now for myself but I'm trying to think about down the road a ways. Only that that might screw me is I don't have my FF1 :(

I love patient care, that's why I want to stay PRN if things work out and actually be an active PRN medic not one that does the bare minimum shifts per quarter. Who knows, maybe in the future the FD will take over transport or my job now will change some things around. Don't get me wrong. I love my job and have nothing bad to say about the company I work for. Obviously there are things I'd like to see change but I doubt they will ever happen. The biggest problem I have is lack of vertical movement. TEMS or supervisor is about it and TEMS is more lateral than vertical. If I did end up lucky enough to land this new job I'd lose my TEMS opportunity :-/

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Best of luck Rob

Since when has subway had franks red hot and why did I just find out now.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Good riddance 2012...may 2013 be a far better year....

Anjel

Forum Angel
I look up to and respect you Robby. I think you are taking life by the reigns and know what you want. Good on you.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
2012 has been an interesting ride, but it's time for a new page in more ways than one. Starting off the next year with a complete career change will hopefully set things off on a good foot in 2013. Let's do it!

A very, very happy new year to everyone.

:wub:

And if you're working tonight, stay safe and may a white cloud follow you your entire shift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I look up to and respect you Robby. I think you are taking life by the reigns and know what you want. Good on you.

Woa, woa, woa. Very few people on here know that I go by Robby! hahaha

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've had a pretty good year. Started medic, got married, moved twice. But purchased a home.

2013 better not disappoint. I'll become a paramedic and maybe a mommy. We shall see what is in the cards for us.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, pretty good year for me, too. I got married, promoted and new opportunities at work and a few other goodies... Ready for a great 2013.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Haha, hopefully she doesn't have to go up!

Edit: Yup. palm springs. 111&Tramway :p 1 Tramway wy.

My normal partner is out for 6 more weeks. I get to play medic roulette everyday.

Epi-do

I see dead people
My brother got engaged tonight. The girl he is with is such a sweetheart! I am so excited for them both!

As for me, I am hoping for a much better 2013, compared to 2012. This past year brought a lot of difficult times for our family, so nothing but positive thoughts for the coming year here.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
My brother got engaged tonight. The girl he is with is such a sweetheart! I am so excited for them both!

As for me, I am hoping for a much better 2013, compared to 2012. This past year brought a lot of difficult times for our family, so nothing but positive thoughts for the coming year here.

Come on, he could at least have waited for the stroke of midnight to propose.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
If you get a Fire job, Rob, I am gonna make fun of you. :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Gonna join the conversation of the year 2012. It's been boring. Nothing new has really happened at all. Highlights of the year are: being deployed to New York for Hurricane Sandy and paying off my truck with money from said deployment.

2013 is looking like it will be Medic school and then Fire Academy possibly 2014 (can make over double working as a fire medic than as medic for an ambulance company, and I'm not very fond of transporting. I much prefer on scene medical treatment, although I do like the nurses at the hospitals haha).

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
If you get a Fire job, Rob, I am gonna make fun of you. :)

Good luck on the fire monkey test. If you get the job, I promise I'll still respect you.

I got his back! Take you all on :ph34r:

2013 is going to be the best year of my life (I hope)

Fire academy starts in 2 weeks, I'm back in school, girlfriend graduates nursing school before 2014. Hoping for big things. Heck maybe il even move out of my parents house :blush:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
2012 was actually kinda fun.

Had a good time as a supervisor then went back to being a medic not by choice. And realized I like being a medic a lot more than a sup. now it's time to further the medic thing and go for a flight job.

Had 2 nephews born and now I'm an uncle. Can't wait to corrupt them and send them back to their parents.

Really was a good year. I learned a lot by myself and have clearer goals for the next year.

And tonight we party away to watching bull riding and the Josh Abbot Band. New Years Eve Texas style.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Best of luck Rob

Since when has subway had franks red hot and why did I just find out now.

They have for like a year... It's kinda nasty, really. But, then again, I think almost everything is nasty at Subway besides the Feast, but I'm not paying $10 for a sandwich, so... No Subway for me, haha.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Subway isn't even worth going to anymore.

It's like $7.50 for what used to be $5. I can go to a deli and get a chicken sandwich for $5 on a hero, real non processed garbage at that.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
A foot long with chips and drink is 13 and change up here. It was also the only place open due to it being nye.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
A foot long with chips and drink is 13 and change up here. It was also the only place open due to it being nye.

Wow it's like $10 here and I'm in NYC what are you in Beverly Hills?