the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not that I know of. We could have them here or they could be in NJ.

Heh I forgot how spread out all the units are right now. Hell, I'm still hoping I'll meet you on a deployment one day

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I can't wait for this week to be over. It's the week of WTFs?

• Hypertensive septic patient (meet 3/4 SIRS criteria, tunneled dialysis cath line infection. Line's been there for a year, which is excessive as it is. The only thing not met was WBC count... but the patient has Lupus (cue Dr. House) and is on steroids).
  • Hypertensive patient in 3rd degree block who's against anything "unnatural." Refused pacing, refused central line access, refused Glucagon because "the body will forget how to make it and the pancreas isn't the problem." Accepted atropine because I mentioned that it was "natural" (I left off that the first part of "nightshade" was "deadly").
    • When discussing this patient with the cardiology attending prior to him refusing just about everything, I got weird looks at both my resident and the cards attending when I asked the silly question of "Where would we go if the patient refuses?" The resident ended up apologizing.
For pt 1 a year isn't unheard of. We had several pts with long term dialysis catheters because of multiple failed fistula/graft surgeries or such poor vasculature that the surgeon wouldn't even attempt a fistula/graft.

For pt 2, did you ask them why they even bothered to go to the hospital?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Heh I forgot how spread out all the units are right now. Hell, I'm still hoping I'll meet you on a deployment one day

That would be great. I was hoping to meet someone on this deployment. Sadly I don't think anyone else is in NY.

JPINFV

Gadfly
[/LIST]
For pt 1 a year isn't unheard of. We had several pts with long term dialysis catheters because of multiple failed fistula/graft surgeries or such poor vasculature that the surgeon wouldn't even attempt a fistula/graft.
Still doesn't make it anywhere near ideal... especially if they ever want to do a fistula on that side. Thankfully the peritoneal fluid culture is still negative.

For pt 2, did you ask them why they even bothered to go to the hospital?
His brother forced him to go to the hospital.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Both. They are all really cool. Gonna go over to the MMR trailer tomorrow and pick up one of the shirts try have.

Do you work for them?

Oh and no I don't work for them. Didn't see that part lol

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
My tongue hurts :(

I was making guacamole in a food processor and it was so delicious I decided to lick the blades after.

Feels like a bad papercut on my tongue it stings...

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
So the moral of the story is not to lick sharp blades?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So the moral of the story is not to lick sharp blades?

I believe I heard that in a song once, along with you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, and you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My tongue hurts :(

I was making guacamole in a food processor and it was so delicious I decided to lick the blades after.

Feels like a bad papercut on my tongue it stings...

I've actually done that... I can sympathize lol. I did get laughed at at the station though for doing it.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I've actually done that... I can sympathize lol. I did get laughed at at the station though for doing it.

i-know-that-feel-bro-png.4892

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Both. They are all really cool. Gonna go over to the MMR trailer tomorrow and pick up one of the shirts try have.

Hey - good luck headed home. I'm working Philly tomorrow if you make it through here. Wonder if any more DRT trucks have shown up dead in the lot (there was one last week).

Oh, and if you happen to find an extra shirt.... :)

ThirdCareerMedic

Forum Crew Member
Any good scenario type video learning resources?

Hey, I am looking for scenario type video learning resources--free on Youtube or pay for subscription. Please respond with free stuff by posting. I think the commercial stuff should be in a private message. Thanks!:)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hey, I am looking for scenario type video learning resources--free on Youtube or pay for subscription. Please respond with free stuff by posting. I think the commercial stuff should be in a private message. Thanks!:)

I agree.

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
A friend of mine just credited $15 toward our (it's actually my account) shared iTunes account today, but then immediately afterward decided that he no longer wants a shared account with me and expects to be paid cash for his "loss".

Achilles

Forum Moron
A friend of mine just credited $15 toward our (it's actually my account) shared iTunes account today, but then immediately afterward decided that he no longer wants a shared account with me and expects to be paid cash for his "loss".

For the sake of staying in the friendship, I'd give him the 15$ back and forget about it

sneauxpod

Forum Lieutenant
99% of friends are totally not worth $15 lol

so think its possible I have insomnia from laying on my stomach trying to fall asleep? I mean every morning when i wake up, if i sleep, my lower back is killing me. but its the only way i can fall asleep ): help

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hey - good luck headed home. I'm working Philly tomorrow if you make it through here. Wonder if any more DRT trucks have shown up dead in the lot (there was one last week).

Oh, and if you happen to find an extra shirt.... :)

We had one blow a engine up.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
99% of friends are totally not worth $15 lol

so think its possible I have insomnia from laying on my stomach trying to fall asleep? I mean every morning when i wake up, if i sleep, my lower back is killing me. but its the only way i can fall asleep ): help

I've got the same issue. Use a super thin pillow, put your feet over the edge of the bed so they can point strait down, and keep your hands down by your side rather than under your pillow, face, or tucked under your chest. Worked wonders for me.