the 100% directionless thread

I'm hoping they do two waves. I'll have a chance at deployment if they do. I made close to 5k from Issac, and wouldn't mind another 2 or 3 grand

I haven't heard anything about us being put into waves but we only have like 10 DRT members.

I haven't heard anything about us being put into waves but we only have like 10 DRT members.

We have two at my operation, lol. But we only have like 20 employees. And they sometimes will break up the crews into waves, so if it's gonna last longer than a week they can rotate out crews if needed.

We have two at my operation, lol. But we only have like 20 employees. And they sometimes will break up the crews into waves, so if it's gonna last longer than a week they can rotate out crews if needed.

Was your first wave already deployed?

Was your first wave already deployed?

My boss is one, and not allowed to deploy this time, and I'm out of town lol. So neither one is deployed this time

DRT management from our division is being deployed today out east.

Yep. All DRT members are on stand-by with a high likelihood of being deployed.

I was on standby for a non-DRT mission with one of our contracts. They stood down our ALS crews at least. Oddly enough, I've missed the invite to play DRT for this one, even though it's in my backyard. I'm a little miffed.

Guess I might make it to EMS Expo after all.

Does anyone ever think 17 years old with no work history and 8 months of driving history is a suitable a candidate for an emt?

Does anyone ever think 17 years old with no work history and 8 months of driving history is a suitable a candidate for an emt?
Paid? Unlikely.

Are EMT's under 18 allowed to work alone in your state? They aren't in PA

Paid? Unlikely.

Are EMT's under 18 allowed to work alone in your state? They aren't in PA

At seventeen are you even allowed to be an Emt? In NM they aren't

At seventeen are you even allowed to be an Emt? In NM they aren't

Usually by graduation in your senior year you at 18-18 1/2 years old.

In NYS you must be 18 by the day of the state exam.

Got our assess absolutely handed to us tonight. 17 calls in 12 hours... Everyone else gets a "thanks for the help" or "thanks for expediting" and we don't even get a word even though we ran more calls and transported more patients than any other unit on duty and were pleasant on the radio throughout the night.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: you dispatch, last time I go out of my way to make your job easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
15 mile bike ride this morning as a back on the bike after not riding for years.

Kept a respectable pace and mostly with the group I was with...

I dont think stretches exist that will relieve the tightness in my thighs. lol.

PA will certify if you're 16 by the day of the exam.

NR will NOT.

Though if you turn 18 within the allotted time to become certified post-testing (if your state certifies through NR exam). I think like 1 year, you can potentially get certified.

At least I was. I paid them whatever the certification fee was, 30 bucks or whatever.

Usually the military people I see are much more pleasant to teach.

They are mature, they study, they don't argue for 1 or 2 stupid points on a test.

They pay attention in class and do what you ask. (aka at least looking at the chapter before the lecture.)

I only ever met 1 former HM3 (navy corpsman for the non-sailor speaking) who was a real pain in the A$$. However, I don't think it was because he was formerly in the military, I think he just had an intrinsic personality problem and happened to be former military.

There is one more category of veteran who is often insufferable, that is the bogus one.

As in "I was in "Nam, man".
Oh, where?
"The jungles, you know. Pleiku".
.:glare:

Yesterday, 10,000 fire/ems/law enforcement members came together to honor the tragic murder of a fellow officer.

I don't think any words can amount to how great of a man he must have been to have such a momentous send off.

Roads were closed down for miles from the church to the cemetery lined with fire trucks and American flags. 5 helicopters overhead and a parade of police vehicles.

copshot28n-9-web.jpg

407760_10100616453204907_2083809354_n.jpg

Usually the military people I see are much more pleasant to teach.

They are mature, they study, they don't argue for 1 or 2 stupid points on a test.

They pay attention in class and do what you ask. (aka at least looking at the chapter before the lecture.)

I only ever met 1 former HM3 (navy corpsman for the non-sailor speaking) who was a real pain in the A$$. However, I don't think it was because he was formerly in the military, I think he just had an intrinsic personality problem and happened to be former military.

It is entirely possible that the 2 that I worked with who were still active duty were jerks before they went into the military. I also worked in an area that was very hostile towards paramedics, which didn't help.

The guy posted the answer, but honestly don't know, lol, if that meant the patient had an MI or not. If so, he didn't mention which vessel/what kind.

Logical comments & nice insights. This EKG was obtained in October 19th, 2012. Her initial serum troponin T titre, which was taken 8 hours post admission, was 0.6 ng/mL. The posterior EKG was normal. Serial EKGs are obtained & all are recorded during CP attaccks, except one & I will upload them.
From what I've been told in the past, any elevation in troponin means MI. Enzyme testing is one thing I don't know much about.

Edit: The incident itself is sad to hear and read about, but it's nice to see how many people got together to pay their respects.

Yesterday, 10,000 fire/ems/law enforcement members came together to honor the tragic murder of a fellow officer.

I don't think any words can amount to how great of a man he must have been to have such a momentous send off.

Roads were closed down for miles from the church to the cemetery lined with fire trucks and American flags. 5 helicopters overhead and a parade of police vehicles.

copshot28n-9-web.jpg

407760_10100616453204907_2083809354_n.jpg

Wow! That's incredible thanks for posting those pics.

Back