the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
FTW.

6eju3e6y.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's not an exciting story, but apparently a dope drip is over my head according to a certain RN.

Long story short I ended up having to titrate up to 10 mcg/kg/min to keep their MAP in the 60s...started at 5/kg/min...and she wanted to D/C it.

I win.
Had a very similar occurrence a couple months ago. Patient was an IV Pump pt on Dopamine, but they didn't tell our dispatch, so they sent me (crew without a pump that day). She was pissed and said we couldn't transport without a pump.... "Uhh... I'm fine with just running it by gravity..." Absolutely not! You can't run that without a pump!... And doc with the overrule :p Suck it, Trebek. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Yay, a code 3 cath lab transfer 15 minutes before shift change...that was exciting.

MrJones

Iconoclast
Happiness is getting a phone call telling you that you passed your EMT job interview and that drug test/background check paperwork is on the way.

Now, back to studying for an anatomy exam. :blink:

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Went to the local farm market for a buffalo burger and some local leos were there. Long story short they bought us lunch.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Rumor has it we are going to be getting another ambulance for my college EMT program. So if its true we will have one that does not run (but we still use a lot) and then a fully operational ambulance. I don't even know how we get stuff like that donated to us since the company that is donating it (and the first one) has their own EMT and Medic programs.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Rumor has it we are going to be getting another ambulance for my college EMT program. So if its true we will have one that does not run (but we still use a lot) and then a fully operational ambulance. I don't even know how we get stuff like that donated to us since the company that is donating it (and the first one) has their own EMT and Medic programs.

Tax deduction.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It was awesome feeling yesterday when I picked up a 12 lead and was able to identify a left bundle branch block and pathological left axis deviation.

Things are starting to fall into place.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It was awesome feeling yesterday when I picked up a 12 lead and was able to identify a left bundle branch block and pathological left axis deviation.

Things are starting to fall into place.

I've fallen back to "The squiggly lines aren't squiggling like they're supposed to" and my medical directors advice of "If you don't recognize it, shock it till you do".

:cool:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, on the way to work this AM, my DC inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter caught fire, rather violently (read, exploded), so I blasted it with my fire extinguisher. No I get to clean that horrible dry chem out of every little crevasse in my truck. Stupid inverter.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Well folks, Achilles dun cracked his front screen on his iPhone. Guess ihave no choice now but to buy a new one

nemedic

Forum Captain
Well folks, Achilles dun cracked his front screen on his iPhone. Guess ihave no choice now but to buy a new one

As it turns out, you have impeccable timing with the new one out today. Hope you are due for an upgrade/ have the phone insurance. The apple devices are rather pricey otherwise

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

How many tries did it take :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's vitals signs testing time for my students...my head hurts.

Used to dread that. Now we are testing them out on our expensive mannequins that we can enter all the vital signs. So we can know if they are giving us accurate answers.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Used to dread that. Now we are testing them out on our expensive mannequins that we can enter all the vital signs. So we can know if they are giving us accurate answers.

We're still doing it the old fashioned way at MSJC with dual steths.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We're still doing it the old fashioned way at MSJC with dual steths.

That's how we did it last semester (my arm hurt after 30 blood pressures). We decided to mix things up on the students and have them tested out on patients with irregular pulses, pupils not reactive or equal, etc.