the 100% directionless thread

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Well the Bad Kitty has quickly figured out that the spray bottle doesn't actually hurt, so just screws his little eyes shut to the water and continues his mischief--which today was an entire plate of pasta on the floor.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNu8xV3gZg[/YOUTUBE]

Epi-do

I see dead people
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really HATE job hunting. It would be so much easier if I could convince my husband to move. That way I could expand the area I am looking in. No such luck though...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really HATE job hunting. It would be so much easier if I could convince my husband to move. That way I could expand the area I am looking in. No such luck though...

Oh no! Did they end up cutting your position?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I absolutely love being related to a State Fair Princess. ^_^ And I get to hang out with her all weekend. This means I can go pretty much anywhere I want and do anything and everyone will be ok with it. :)

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

I feel you here, and because my fiance is in grad school, no moving for me either

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am supposed to be off work in 1 min. Instead I am taking a 5150 to the ER.

I would be upset if my husband deleted my FB and I lost contact with my boyfriend too.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Double

Last edited by a moderator:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain

I hear you. I just finally found a job, and I had been laid off for almost a year.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Oh no! Did they end up cutting your position?

We haven't gotten the official word yet, so I don't know when my last day will be, but rumors from a very reliable source confirm it is a done deal.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I just had a patient vaso-vagal down to a junctional escape in the 20-30s while having a bowl movement. Fun stuff.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Manic patients (GAF of 20-30) are funny and entertaining.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We haven't gotten the official word yet, so I don't know when my last day will be, but rumors from a very reliable source confirm it is a done deal.

Bummer, I'm sorry! Best of luck to you in your job search!

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
How on earth do some of these people make it through RN/PA school?

Just had a 59 y/o make complaining of lethargy, muscular fatigue and dizziness since Tuesday.

This PA at the clinic tells me they can't figure out whatsoever what is wrong with him he needs to go to the ER.

Meanwhile, in the bus the patient tells me he was started on lithium on Monday. Complaining of all the side effects of lithium and the PA really can't even consider it as a possible cause?

Unreal...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
How on earth do some of these people make it through RN/PA school?

Just had a 59 y/o make complaining of lethargy, muscular fatigue and dizziness since Tuesday.

This PA at the clinic tells me they can't figure out whatsoever what is wrong with him he needs to go to the ER.

Meanwhile, in the bus the patient tells me he was started on lithium on Monday. Complaining of all the side effects of lithium and the PA really can't even consider it as a possible cause?

Unreal...

Has he had a blood level drawn yet? Probably not if just started it Monday. Sounds like lithium toxicity. Are they also on any diuretics? Hyponatremia can cause increased levels IIRC

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Has he had a blood level drawn yet? Probably not if just started it Monday. Sounds like lithium toxicity. Are they also on any diuretics? Hyponatremia can cause increased levels IIRC

HCTZ

They didn't draw any labs but the PA kept insuring me "he's not orthostatic" for whatever reason. Must of mentioned it 3 times.

He's a PA im a lowly paramedic.How am I able to gather a clue as to what it MIGHT be at a minimum and he can't provide me a damn thing? Problem started the day after a new prescription, of a psych med at that.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
HCTZ

They didn't draw any labs but the PA kept insuring me "he's not orthostatic" for whatever reason. Must of mentioned it 3 times.

He's a PA im a lowly paramedic.How am I able to gather a clue as to what it MIGHT be at a minimum in when you can't? Problem started the day after a new prescription, of a psych med at that.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure HCTZ and lithium is a bad combination

Edit: Too bad the PA didn't have WebMD haha
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-5310-Hydrochlorothiazide+Oral.aspx?drugid=5310&drugname=Hydrochlorothiazide+Oral&dmid=77&dmtitle=THIAZIDE%20DIURETICS/LITHIUM&intrtype=DRUG&pagenumber=9