the 100% directionless thread

Joe

Forum Captain

Anjel

Forum Angel

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
5th graders have to write it..how else are firefighters going to understand it?

Hmm I'm just sitting here flipping through my basic text book and thinking maybe we don't need to be throwing any stones.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Hmm I'm just sitting here flipping through my basic text book and thinking maybe we don't need to be throwing any stones.

:rofl: Good work, sir :D

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
My 13 week, 3 nights a week and 2 or 3 Saturdays, EMT-B class just turned into a 9 week, 3 nights a week and every Saturday class. They really should tell you this sort of stuff when you apply, not as they are handing you the class schedule. I'm pretty sure my head is gonna explode.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Guess who has a birthday coming up!!
On Wednesday!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's really sad when you go into the coffee shop in street clothes and they look very surprised and ask "You're not working today?"

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Went shooting with some guys from work today. Well over $150 in ammo shot. A couple of watermelons, golf balls, and zombie targets destroyed.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Back in America after a 4 and half month stay in lovely New Zealand. Should be back on the truck cruisin around Boston shortly, lord knows I could use some dollars right about now.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Back in America after a 4 and half month stay in lovely New Zealand. Should be back on the truck cruisin around Boston shortly, lord knows I could use some dollars right about now.

I'm assuming you flew, so I mustache you a question that I've wondered from time to time. When you fly to a country around the world, does the plane go east over the Atlantic or west over the pacific?

Achilles

Forum Moron
Went shooting with some guys from work today. Well over $150 in ammo shot. A couple of watermelons, golf balls, and zombie targets destroyed.

Rifles, pistols or Shottys? Or SMG/ MG?
Pretty sure you can't kill a zombie since it's already dead so idk what good a gun would do!

8jimi8

CFRN
I fly Monday to Tucson. I'm interviewing at university of Arizona medical center for their CVICU. It's a heart and lung transplant unit. I've got a standing offer for 3 jobs here in Columbia for the medical Icu ( which is a 24,000$ pay cut)... Not to mention the state tax if I stay. I could stay on as weekend/nights resource nurse which means I would float to surgical/trauma, coronary care, cvcicu (which is only a 10,000$ pay cut -buti have to work nights and every weekend). I've got an offer for a seasonal to permanent position in Tucson at Carondelet neurological institute ( they have some one of a kind in north America brain surgery suite) buti REALLY hate neuro.

The bright side of staying in Columbia... I pay 300$ a month for rent and my roommate watches my dog. Also
I found out that the university will not require me to get my BSN to get into CRNA school, since I have a previous bachelors degree.

So the options. Change my drivers license to SC and get state residency while I take the CVICU job in AZ. Or stay here and take the paycut... Most likely az will be a paycut too, but my sister and new nephew live there.

Blah. I'm calling my Mom.

bigbaldguy

Welcome back. Glad it went well.

bigbaldguy

I fly Monday to Tucson. I'm interviewing at university of Arizona medical center for their CVICU. It's a heart and lung transplant unit. I've got a standing offer for 3 jobs here in Columbia for the medical Icu ( which is a 24,000$ pay cut)... Not to mention the state tax if I stay. I could stay on as weekend/nights resource nurse which means I would float to surgical/trauma, coronary care, cvcicu (which is only a 10,000$ pay cut -buti have to work nights and every weekend). I've got an offer for a seasonal to permanent position in Tucson at Carondelet neurological institute ( they have some one of a kind in north America brain surgery suite) buti REALLY hate neuro.

The bright side of staying in Columbia... I pay 300$ a month for rent and my roommate watches my dog. Also
I found out that the university will not require me to get my BSN to get into CRNA school, since I have a previous bachelors degree.

So the options. Change my drivers license to SC and get state residency while I take the CVICU job in AZ. Or stay here and take the paycut... Most likely az will be a paycut too, but my sister and new nephew live there.

Arizona sucks right now. It's all xenophobic and bitter but Tucson has some incredible beauty if you're an outdoors person.

I'm 37 and I still call my mom :) I'd go with that.

Regardless of what you decide good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
I'm a climber. I've longingly looked at Mt Lemmon. I'm also ... brown... Sadly it's all about numbers.

Anjel

Forum Angel

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

I'm starting to freak out about applying for jobs in the next month or two. I can't decide if I should keep trying for an ICU job as a new grad which probably won't happen or just taking a Med/surg job, or joining the military.