the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Im going to DC for my honeymoon. Lol

And I really need a break from school.

My cat was laying with his body up against my ear. He was purring, and all I think of is..

Hmmm sounds like a friction rub.

Aye aye aye

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just stay in the tourist areas. Seeing "the real DC" is ahh...exciting....yeah, that's it, exciting....

*cough* ghetto *cough*

Or so I'm told at least.

If you're having to use the FD to "show presence" in neighborhoods at night your city may qualify as ghetto.

I need to sleep. I need better blinds to sleep. I'm fighting off the urge to go to Walmart right now and get blackout curtains.

Off at 0430, home at 0500 gotta be up by 1300 and at work at 1430 for a meeting with HR about benefits and what happens at the end of school, then my final medic school scenario at 1515 to get myself cleared to sit for the NREMT then on shift at 1630 keeping the streets safe from intoxicated human beings. Well that was the theme of the night tonight at least. Apparently Sunday night is the new Friday night... :blink: I now understand why everyone from nights says "The Intermediate runs the calls and the medic drives."

Anjel

Forum Angel
I met six guys from dc fd when I did that centers for disaster prepardness training lol

maybe I'll call then up. Lol

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
In the midst of 12 days off and not missing the medic unit.

Not even a little.

I'm happy about it, but it's a little sad too.

I remember how much I loved every shift, and while I still really like what I do... It's just a job. :)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Apparently Sunday night is the new Friday night... :blink:

Sunday Funday! Wake up hung over from saturday grab a 30 pack and lay out by the pool, get trashed, Pass out, wake up and eat some dinner then wash rinse and repeat haha oh how I miss Mizzou.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Damn... the camera I ordered for my trip to Baltimore in two weeks was supposed to be here a week ago. And now the seller just randomly decides to refund my money. Now I have to wait for it to get back in my account so I can try ordering another one (Nikon D7000)

Just get a go pro

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Rodeo's in town! One of the largest in the nation. You know what that means? Smokin' hott cowgirls everywhere, that's what it means!

I was going to say hot cowboys wearing nice wranglers and a couple trips to the JD tent. :p

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So apparently my expensive workforce printer/fax/scanner is a piece of junk. Anybody have a printer that they like and doesn't require you to replace 90 dollars worth of color ink every time the black ink gets low?

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
So apparently my expensive workforce printer/fax/scanner is a piece of junk. Anybody have a printer that they like and doesn't require you to replace 90 dollars worth of color ink every time the black ink gets low?

We've had good luck with a few different Brother multifunction machines at home. Every couple weeks I get an email with different ones on sale for really good prices. Brothers have held better than other brands that family have had fwiw.

I had a patient last night who was from north London. I could sit all night and chat with him and his wife. Neat life experiences they've had and the most awesome accents to go with it.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

I converted to a B&W laser printer about seven years ago and never looked back.

Epi-do

I see dead people

I have a Canon Pixma. I can't remember which series it is off the top of my head, and I'm not near it at the moment. However, it does a great job with photos, regular printing, and anything else I have asked it to do. The scanner does a good job, and scanned images are very clear.

It has 5 ink wells - red, blue, yellow, and 2 black (one large, one small). If you buy the replacement ink individually, it's around $15 per cartridge, or you can buy combo packs. Sometimes they are cheaper, other times I have found it works out to the same price/cartridge or more, depending upon where I am buying them at.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I converted to a B&W laser printer about seven years ago and never looked back.

Yeah that might be the way I end up going. Any particular one you like?

The problem is I have a little side project going at the moment that I need color for :/

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I was going to say hot cowboys wearing nice wranglers and a couple trips to the JD tent. :p

The JD tent is where it's at! I still stand by my hott cowgirls though ;)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I want to be the first to congratulate Rob...I'll let him explain for what. ;) Anyways, congrats bud!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
CONGRATS ROB!!!! Woot woot!!

What'd you do? :unsure:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I don't wanna ruin the surprise!