the 100% directionless thread

Come to TX man! I'm moving down here in September. I know its a huge state.....but anyhow.....

I'm really thinking about it. Gonna probably apply at ATcEMS, WCEMS, CBEMS, MCHDEMS, and a few others... maybe even DeathStar :p Where in TX are you headed to?

1st day at the river and we have someone get a 2 inch lac above her right eyebrow. You would figure out of 1 EMT and 1 RN in the family we would have a pretty good first-aid kit. Nope.

So instead of going to the ER and getting it stitched up we clean it out and use a couple of old (probably over 5 years old) butterfly bandages.

1st day at the river and we have someone get a 2 inch lac above her right eyebrow. You would figure out of 1 EMT and 1 RN in the family we would have a pretty good first-aid kit. Nope.

So instead of going to the ER and getting it stitched up we clean it out and use a couple of old (probably over 5 years old) butterfly bandages.

Shes going to probably regret the scar.

OMG it's a trauma, let's all act crazy cuz its a trauma!!

I swear some people continue to amuse me.

OMG it's a trauma, let's all act crazy cuz its a trauma!!

I swear some people continue to amuse me.

I got that last night because I BLS's a lady who fell down 15 stairs at her home while ETOH the day before. She walked into a psych facility for help and then was admitted for being severe ETOH and opiate withdrawals. They transfer her to somewhere else, then they have use transport her to the ER for evaluation.

This lady has full recall, good short term memory recall, no LOC, no abdominal distension, lungs clear, eyes clear, ambulatory, denies NV. Only complaint is several contusion all over her body and a few abrasions. Along with head neck back pain. We C-Spine her and bring her in and the ER freaks out and calls a trauma alert.

The charge said to me condenscendily. "You know, you can refuse calls." I said back, "Yeah, but why, she has full neuro stability and is stable." Then she says, "Well you dont have x-ray vision." I really just wanted to be like - So exactly how would having contact 911 to transport her been any different, other than add about 10 -15 minutes to her being in the ER. We C-Spined, that's all they would have done on an ALS level.

Meh, fell yesterday, no neuro problems? I wouldn't have even bothered with a board to be honest. C/C= medical clearance, not a fall if you need some weasel words.

I got that last night because I BLS's a lady who fell down 15 stairs at her home while ETOH the day before. She walked into a psych facility for help and then was admitted for being severe ETOH and opiate withdrawals. They transfer her to somewhere else, then they have use transport her to the ER for evaluation.

This lady has full recall, good short term memory recall, no LOC, no abdominal distension, lungs clear, eyes clear, ambulatory, denies NV. Only complaint is several contusion all over her body and a few abrasions. Along with head neck back pain. We C-Spine her and bring her in and the ER freaks out and calls a trauma alert.

The charge said to me condenscendily. "You know, you can refuse calls." I said back, "Yeah, but why, she has full neuro stability and is stable." Then she says, "Well you dont have x-ray vision." I really just wanted to be like - So exactly how would having contact 911 to transport her been any different, other than add about 10 -15 minutes to her being in the ER. We C-Spined, that's all they would have done on an ALS level.

I'm guessing not a Trauma Center?

I'm watching the moron resident get demolished by the attending. I wonder if that fool will ignore my earnings again.

I wish someone would have demolished a certain on call attending last night. Her rant was less than neccessary and only showed how little she thinks of the rest of us.

Hmmm after talking to a transfer from Vegas... doing an internal transfer to Medic West sounds kinda fun...

You know, there's an option in Vegas that doesn't involve changing uniforms. And they do 911 as well.

You should go with nursing whites, including the little hat.

and the one-piece dress? Interesting mental picture there.

I'm really thinking about it. Gonna probably apply at ATcEMS, WCEMS, CBEMS, MCHDEMS, and a few others... maybe even DeathStar :p Where in TX are you headed to?

How about coming east? My dream job out west might just be Humboldt General Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing not a Trauma Center?

I'm not sure, it's outside of our primary area. I'm pretty sure they are a TC though. It was riverside community hospital. The most irritating part was that the nurse didn't even let me give a report. I tried to talk and she said, "I want to hear it from her."

Honestly, I don't care. It's just irritating. Glad I don't mainly work in riverside.

I'm not sure, it's outside of our primary area. I'm pretty sure they are a TC though. It was riverside community hospital. The most irritating part was that the nurse didn't even let me give a report. I tried to talk and she said, "I want to hear it from her."

Honestly, I don't care. It's just irritating. Glad I don't mainly work in riverside.

I don't think community is. DRMC, RCRMC, LLUMC, and Arrowhead are the closest trauma centers I believe.

At least it wasn't your supervisor b**ching at you for transporting a trauma resource when you're 15 minutes from the trauma center and ALS is 20 minutes out...

Starting to get extremely nervous about a project I'm running as the launch date gets closer.

You know, there's an option in Vegas that doesn't involve changing uniforms. And they do 911 as well.

and the one-piece dress? Interesting mental picture there.

How about coming east? My dream job out west might just be Humboldt General Hospital.

MW is still an internal transfer ... and Dr Bledsoe is the medical director for MW...

And east? Where is Humboldt?

JT, if I'm not mistaken, WilCo just opened up their application process today :D

Don't hold your breath for ATC though...

MW is still an internal transfer ... and Dr Bledsoe is the medical director for MW...

And east? Where is Humboldt?

Humboldt General is based out of Winnemucca. About 4 hours east of Reno in the middle of BFE.

They have a giant Crew Cab Freightliner Medium Duty for transfers to Reno. Rescue 4. The thing is massive.

1308896222932_10335668.jpg

They also do all their own auto extrication and supposedly follow national guidelines rather than having a set of written protocols. If it's not covered by the NREMT, ACLS, PALS, ITLS/PHTLS or NRP they call their on duty MD in the ER at the hospital. That last one is one I've heard from multiple sources but never actually seen it in writing or heard it from one of their employees so who knows if it's true.

AND they took the Burning Man contract from REMSA :angry: :glare: :sad:

JT, if I'm not mistaken, WilCo just opened up their application process today :D

Don't hold your breath for ATC though...

I still dont have my texas medic yet :( think they'll still let me put an app in?

Oh yeah. Especially since they aren't doing the testing for like a month. Send Fish a message, I'm sure he's got more info than I have

Officially got the paid Bike patrol EMS gig today. Pays more than my ambulance job.

Back