the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Mazzula makes great stuff. Seen a few kits never gotten to ride in a truck with one though. They seem rock solid. Can't go wrong with Fox, Kings are awesome too. Deavers, only the best!

That'd be cool, or you could bring it up here, toss a flag on it and we could play at Sand Mountain. Although the last person that was at Sand Mountain that I met had bilateral femur fractures along with a laundry list of other injuries from a quad accident gone way bad :ph34r:

I like my femurs the way they are haha

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Houstgn IFT crew responds to man down, photos soon

Houston IFT crew responds to man down. Bigbaldguy was on scene and ZAPed a photo or two. Check back soon for pics of this great crew who stayed on scene with patient. Oh and nice assist by HFD EMS :)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, that was fast. I got my stickers yesterday!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
After a nice short 6 hour drive I am in Boston. Would have made it in 5.5 if the statie hadn't got me for speeding. Luckly I only got a warning.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
First EZIO on a live patient. Had to be a diabetic, right? An hour out from the hospital, cold and clammy with a 3 hour down time.

Poor dear cried about her leg the whole way in.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
No lido jelly?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First EZIO on a live patient. Had to be a diabetic, right? An hour out from the hospital, cold and clammy with a 3 hour down time.

Poor dear cried about her leg the whole way in.

Owie.

"Hey sorry about that, I'm awake now though I've done this before so you all can leave now, thank you!"

"Umm actually ma'am you have to go with us, see we drilled a needle into your bone, similar to a drill and a drywall screw...sorry about that, you have crap for veins :( "

I do have to ask though, no glucagon? Or was it that obvious that it wasn't going to work?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Ouch seriously, Lidocaine is in every protocol ive read when using an IO

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ouch seriously, Lidocaine is in every protocol ive read when using an IO

It's pretty much the only reason we carry it anymore. Oh and R-on-T PVCs. Never actually seen lido used as an antiarrhythmic, only for numbing purposes.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Owie.

"Hey sorry about that, I'm awake now though I've done this before so you all can leave now, thank you!"

"Umm actually ma'am you have to go with us, see we drilled a needle into your bone, similar to a drill and a drywall screw...sorry about that, you have crap for veins :( "

I do have to ask though, no glucagon? Or was it that obvious that it wasn't going to work?

I gave the glucagon 10 minutes. Her cbg went from 28 to LO.

And she was stopping with the breathing, throwing all kinds of PVCs and FLBs, just generally looking like we were gonna start CPR in a few minutes, so I pulled the trigger.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I gave the glucagon 10 minutes. Her cbg went from 28 to LO.

And she was stopping with the breathing, throwing all kinds of PVCs and FLBs, just generally looking like we were gonna start CPR in a few minutes, so I pulled the trigger.

I figured you tried it.

Wasn't trying to come off like you didn't, sorry if it sounded like that.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
We don't even carry it any more. It sucked.

Wow you have no local to give to conscious IO patients? Your medical director needs to have one inserted into him/her and have some fluids pushed into it. Im pretty sure that would change on the spot. Get involved in your MAC meetings and get that changed

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've drilled a few live people. Only time they complained (read: yell at the top of their lungs) is when I flushed it.

And for the to lido work, it has to be pushed before the flush, and sit in the trebecular space for a bit. In most cases, only a patient in extremis is going to get drilled and I don't have time to mess about with lido at that point.