the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
:lol:

I tried to run. But I got o2 anyway. :lol:

Ha in my ILS class, first night we did IV training, this one guy passed out when he got poked. Now he is pretty pale to begin with, but when I looked over he looked as grey as a dead person. At this point he is on his knees and the instructo is trying to lay him down. He is still conscious at this point but staring off into space and not following any orders. It went kind of like this:
Teacher: Dude, move your legs so I can lay you down.
Guy: Ok. (nothing happens)
Teach: c'mon move your legs
guy: ok. (still nothing)

Here, another student helps the instructor lay him down, during this he goes
all the way out. Of course he got O2. (Someone wanted to put a 14ga in him too, that got shot down.) Less than a minute later, he starts to come around and as he sits up his first word were "I can see!" It was awsome. The whole class was just busting up.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Why must my asthma pester me in class. Nothing worse then having five sets of medic eyes laser in on you.

I was in a car accident a week ago, just got off work, so I was still in my uniform. Yay. Medics are checking everyone out, and me being stubborn me, I refused to go to the hospital. (Still have some nice bruises). As they were checking my vitals for the SOR, the EMTs eyes kept getting bigger and bigger. He started to take me over to the ambulance, and called for a medic (already on scene). Told the medic I needed to go to the hospital because my pulse was 200, and bp was 160/90. I told them to bugger off, I knew I was in SVT, but to leave me alone.

Always fun to be on the receiving end of emergency care. And, of course, still being stubborn me, I signed the SOR.

-Kat

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I am chose to ride out with the local 911 ambulance for a 12hr shift today just as an observer, officially to gauge how much I would like to work for the company assuming I get my medic.

Unofficially? I'm obviously a whacker!

Sasha

Forum Chief

Unofficial whacker, apparent troll hiding behind the keyboard :p

I wish I would have done some company shopping during my ride alongs but I rode with FDs who, aside from OCFD, don't hire just plain medics.

Speaking of companys, I have two interviews with two different 911 companies. One of them, I'm pretty sure the job is as good as mine because I have mucho connections in that company. The one I actual want because they have protocols I'll kill to have (hypothermia, fentanyl, sepsis, alien encounter), seems like it could go either way at the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
working a 25 today thanks to the time change

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I am chose to ride out with the local 911 ambulance for a 12hr shift today just as an observer, officially to gauge how much I would like to work for the company assuming I get my medic.

you smell funny too. :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Alright!!! The Ghost Hunter's Live Halloween Show is on!!!
6 hours... My night is set... :blush:

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
Unofficial whacker, apparent troll hiding behind the keyboard :p

I have two interviews with two different 911 companies. One of them, I'm pretty sure the job is as good as mine because I have mucho connections in that company.

ooooooohhh got my fingers crossed for you girl... sending up the good thoughts (PC way of saying I'll be praying for you.)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
working a 25 today thanks to the time change

Ha ha. I know. I'm in the middle of my 37 hr right now. Anyone out there getting paid for the extra hour?

------------------------------

AND! I passed my ILS practicals today! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! Skips down, written to go. We got that on Friady. Wish me luck. Adios amaigos.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
We here in Arizona have done away with that nonsense. As the Indian said "only someone from the government could believe that cutting off the top of the blanket and sewing it to the bottom will make it longer.":p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Why the hell can't people show some common decency and mute their phones when studying in the student commons? Really sweet cheeks, no one wants to listen to your damn high pitch annoying ring tone every 3-5 minutes when you get a new text message. In fact, it makes me want to grab your phone and chuck it in the trash every time it goes off.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Why the hell can't people show some common decency and mute their phones when studying in the student commons? Really sweet cheeks, no one wants to listen to your damn high pitch annoying ring tone every 3-5 minutes when you get a new text message. In fact, it makes me want to grab your phone and chuck it in the trash every time it goes off.

Go Postal on her Azz, JP... Do us proud... Yell... Scream... Get Mad... Get thrown in Jail on Halloween for Terroristic Threats... :p

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
:excl:Warning:excl:: The following is an absolutely useless rant:

My life has gone to :censored:. Wanted to go to a party for halloween, so without even mentioning the party tried to figure out how late my parents would let me stay out. 10!?!?! Seriously? I'm :censored: 18 not 13. Let me grow up, what are they going to do when I go to college? How is it that I am allowed to run out of the house at 2 in the morning on a school night when the pager goes off, but I have to be home by 10 on a weekend? So what I had to be up at 4:30 this morning, I slept 18 hours the night before.

On top of that I was supposed to have a date with my girlfriend today and she had to cancel. When you look forward to something all week, kinda drives you :wacko: when it goes to :censored:.

That concludes my rant

Sasha

Forum Chief
:excl:Warning:excl:: The following is an absolutely useless rant:

My life has gone to :censored:. Wanted to go to a party for halloween, so without even mentioning the party tried to figure out how late my parents would let me stay out. 10!?!?! Seriously? I'm :censored: 18 not 13. Let me grow up, what are they going to do when I go to college? How is it that I am allowed to run out of the house at 2 in the morning on a school night when the pager goes off, but I have to be home by 10 on a weekend? So what I had to be up at 4:30 this morning, I slept 18 hours the night before.

On top of that I was supposed to have a date with my girlfriend today and she had to cancel. When you look forward to something all week, kinda drives you :wacko: when it goes to :censored:.

That concludes my rant

I've been living on my own since I was 18 for that very reason. Parents suck.

Griff

Forum Crew Member

I especially enjoy how they will hold their phones for 30 seconds or so before answering just so everyone can hear how totally awesome their $1 Lady Gaga ringtone is. :glare:

Totally awesome.

Totally.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Doesn't get mankind and the things people do to innocent people for no other reason than to get their jollies.

And this is coming from a guy who is all for beating the crap out of terrorist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I'm completely exhausted, although I've done absolutely nothing that would account for it. Annoying...

Speaking of companys, I have two interviews with two different 911 companies. One of them, I'm pretty sure the job is as good as mine because I have mucho connections in that company. The one I actual want because they have protocols I'll kill to have (hypothermia, fentanyl, sepsis, alien encounter), seems like it could go either way at the interview.

Good luck!