the 100% directionless thread

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
After thinking I bombed my final, I passed. Yay! Now I just need to pass state and nationals. Least I can sit for them now!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
EMT-I final on Friday! AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought I wanted to ba a paramedic. These 10 drugs or whatever are tough enough to remember. I guess if I study enough I can get all 2,753 odd medic drugs and other stuff.................

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I am bored... Surfing the web... found these... could come in handy... :rolleyes:

troll-01.jpg

award.jpg

dont_feed_the_troll_sticker-p217202502037330062qjcl_400.jpg

Troll%27s%20Brain%20and%20memory.gif

skisrcsn.jpeg

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Bunkie: Congrats! Good luck on those last few tests! Just think... no more of that instructor.

L&S: Good luck!

Luckily, I found out that my family's intended Christmas present was an all-black Littmann ahead of time. I've now talked them into getting a much cheaper and brighter color instead. The "if I drop it on scene I'll never see it again" argument didn't do the trick, though, since they really hope I'm not staying in EMS. Fortunately, I had the "hospitals are kinda depressing and little bits of color really brighten things up" line ready. :)

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Bunkie: Congrats! Good luck on those last few tests! Just think... no more of that instructor.

Luckily, I found out that my family's intended Christmas present was an all-black Littmann ahead of time. I've now talked them into getting a much cheaper and brighter color instead. The "if I drop it on scene I'll never see it again" argument didn't do the trick, though, since they really hope I'm not staying in EMS. Fortunately, I had the "hospitals are kinda depressing and little bits of color really brighten things up" line ready. :)

Thank you!! :D I appreciate all your help and support. So glad to be done.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Hey thanks for the encouragement! I need it. I was freaking out when I got a 60 on a practice test untill I realized I had skipped a question on the test, but not a box on the answer sheet!

Ha! Love the backup line you had ready!

Epi-do

I see dead people
I have had a headache all day that just won't go away regardless of what I do. Then, this afternoon, I began feeling as if I had been hit by a truck. Now, I am spiking a fever. Lovely......

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I have had a headache all day that just won't go away regardless of what I do. Then, this afternoon, I began feeling as if I had been hit by a truck. Now, I am spiking a fever. Lovely......

Sounds like what I went through not long ago. I chalked the headache up to calculus. The hit by truck to lack of sleep, and the fever? Well I couldn't afford to miss calculus at the time so I "never" had a fever.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Some of the morons who are getting on the news to comment on the Ft. Hood tragedy really need to go back under whatever rock they came from...

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Some of the morons who are getting on the news to comment on the Ft. Hood tragedy really need to go back under whatever rock they came from...

And then some. :glare:

I'm curious high they are going to up the force protection at the posts though. Trying to figure out if I should bother leaving post today.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

I'm curious high they are going to up the force protection at the posts though. Trying to figure out if I should bother leaving post today.

bunk: you in the service? Which branch? Where are you stationed? I spent the first 20 years of my life as a navy brat and will probably join up myself.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape

Ha--which ones did you catch? My favorite had to be the shrink who said working psych at Walter Reed shouldn't be all that stressful. Runner-up to the idiot on the local news who was going off about how this proves we shouldn't allow Muslims in the military.

Rumor has it that they're not really stepping up security anywhere but Ft. Hood for the time being. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

ETA: bonus idiot points for one of my relatives, who thinks it's just so awful that a female (!) cop was wounded in the line of duty.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
bunk: you in the service? Which branch? Where are you stationed? I spent the first 20 years of my life as a navy brat and will probably join up myself.

Marine Brat. Married to Army at Fort Lewis, WA. Good luck if you join! :)

Ha--which ones did you catch? My favorite had to be the shrink who said working psych at Walter Reed shouldn't be all that stressful. Runner-up to the idiot on the local news who was going off about how this proves we shouldn't allow Muslims in the military.

Rumor has it that they're not really stepping up security anywhere but Ft. Hood for the time being. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

ETA: bonus idiot points for one of my relatives, who thinks it's just so awful that a female (!) cop was wounded in the line of duty.

I got a phone call from my grandfather who's going on and on about how its good I decided not to become a cop. I didn't decide pap! They wouldn't let me! :rolleyes:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
lightsandsirens5 said:
Oh boy. ILS final test in exactly 5 hours 9 minutes!

Good luck! Wait, it's more than 5 hours 9 minutes... so, how'd it go?

And what are you thinking of doing, and which branch?

I got a phone call from my grandfather who's going on and on about how its good I decided not to become a cop. I didn't decide pap! They wouldn't let me! :rolleyes:

Now my mother's more worried about me joining and working psych than ever. But I think she's given up, for the time being, after I went on about how this shows just how badly that's needed.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Good luck! Wait, it's more than 5 hours 9 minutes... so, how'd it go?

And what are you thinking of doing, and which branch?

Well, the test is fininshed. The WA DOH has a contract with Univ of WA to let the school score all DOH tests, so I won't know untill the Wednesday after next if I passed or failed. (Don't ask whoes hare-brained idea that was!) I nailed the practicals though, and I dont feel too bad about the written. I wont be thrilled with my score, but I think I passed. Have to see...........

If I join I will go Marines. I think I want to fly rotors. That is the main reason I am getting a college degree right now. I decided to go with Fire Science because the USMC recognises it and if I don't go millitary, I'll have it to help me into the fire secvice.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, the test is fininshed. The WA DOH has a contract with Univ of WA to let the school score all DOH tests, so I won't know untill the Wednesday after next if I passed or failed. (Don't ask whoes hare-brained idea that was!) I nailed the practicals though, and I dont feel too bad about the written. I wont be thrilled with my score, but I think I passed. Have to see...........

If I join I will go Marines. I think I want to fly rotors. That is the main reason I am getting a college degree right now. I decided to go with Fire Science because the USMC recognises it and if I don't go millitary, I'll have it to help me into the fire secvice.

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck to you! Hope you hear on your test soon. Looks like we're both in WA waiting limbo. :wacko:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Looks like we're both in WA waiting limbo. :wacko:

Oh boy! Gotta just love our wonderful DOH. It took me 4 dang months to get my card, one guy in my class took 7, and a girl who wen through the class last winter just got hers like a month ago (Almost
9 MONTHS later.) One guy in my class was taking the class to re-certify because the state had absolutly no record of him ever being certified. Never mind he had a card!)

And to add to it, WA is like one of only 3 states that does not recognise Nat. Reg. Come Jan 1 we will be the 47th state to go to the NREMT standard. Sure took long enough for that. My ILS class is the last one to get just the strait up WA cert w/o NERMT. (Which bugs me because now I have to go and take a seperate test to get that and I already feel like I should have shot myself after the state test last night!!!)

I love WA.:wacko: