the 100% directionless thread

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
For the last time. Hypoglycemic does not = Diabetic! :glare: The guy has the same education I do, why does he keep asking me as I stuff twizzlers down my face if I am diabetic? I've corrected him five times and even broke it all down for him! :rolleyes:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
For the last time. Hypoglycemic does not = Diabetic! :glare: The guy has the same education I do, why does he keep asking me as I stuff twizzlers down my face if I am diabetic? I've corrected him five times and even broke it all down for him! :rolleyes:

So.... then you are a Diabetic? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I'm so very bored right now that I actually turned on Trauma of my own volition. And promptly turned it off.

Tonight's nightmares will involve slow chest compressions with bent elbows.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm so very bored right now that I actually turned on Trauma of my own volition. And promptly turned it off.

Tonight's nightmares will involve slow chest compressions with bent elbows.

See... I would only watch trauma for a similar reason... to watch that female medic running toward a scene (in slow motion) so that I could then go to sleep and have good dreams... ^_^

Hey, while I am offended by the way they portray that female medic on the show, I might as well get some "Baywatch"-type enjoyment out of it while the show is still on the air. ;)

j/k... haven't turned that POS on since episode 1... But I do miss Baywatch...

Griff

Forum Crew Member
See... I would only watch trauma for a similar reason... to watch that female medic running toward a scene (in slow motion) so that I could then go to sleep and have good dreams... ^_^

Hey, while I am offended by the way they portray that female medic on the show, I might as well get some "Baywatch"-type enjoyment out of it while the show is still on the air. ;)

j/k... haven't turned that POS on since episode 1... But I do miss Baywatch...

Everything is better is slow motion. I thought everyone knew that.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I want the icecream man to come back. I want another sponge bob icecream thing to eat while jumping on the bed trying to recapture my youth!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Your youth is long gone.

Crap, I just realized you're only a few months older then me. Darnit!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Your youth is long gone.

Crap, I just realized you're only a few months older then me. Darnit!

Nooo! I had it recaptured a couple hours ago while eating said spongebob icecream thing but it escaped again! Darn arthritis... maybe if I can get a new hip I can catch it again! :p

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Just heard that some relatives are coming to visit. Apparently strongly disapproving of my educational and career choices over the phone just wasn't good enough. :rolleyes:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just heard that some relatives are coming to visit. Apparently strongly disapproving of my educational and career choices over the phone just wasn't good enough. :rolleyes:

Read that and literally LOLed... :p

You know, anything worth doing is worth doing in person... With E-mail and Cell Phones, we have become an impersonal society... Glad to know that your relatives are reviving the "personal touch".

Sasha

Forum Chief

You know, anything worth doing is worth doing in person... With E-mail and Cell Phones, we have become an impersonal society... Glad to know that your relatives are reviving the "personal touch".

We are not becoming impersonal. With e-mail, cell phones, facebook, myspace, etc we can inform others of what we are doing at any given time of any given day. Giving "way too personal" a whole new meaning. "Love" getting status updates on my FB about people taking a particularly painful poo or about an unexplained sudden rash that's moved into ladytown. things your normally wouldn't tell people face to face.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
COOL... just got a package in the mail addressed the the Veterinary Version of Myself... 150 $3-off coupons for any size bag of Nutro natural Choice Cat Food!!! :rolleyes:

Anyone want some Catfood?

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
We are not becoming impersonal. With e-mail, cell phones, facebook, myspace, etc we can inform others of what we are doing at any given time of any given day. Giving "way too personal" a whole new meaning. "Love" getting status updates on my FB about people taking a particularly painful poo or about an unexplained sudden rash that's moved into ladytown. things your normally wouldn't tell people face to face.

Reason # 1,672 not to take a drink of any liquids while reading.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I agree that Facebook gets way too personal. And it makes it way too easy to trash your reputation--or someone else's.

:p I wish they'd get a little more impersonal. If they'd put it in writing, they couldn't deny they said anything particularly crazy.

Oh well. It's only for a few days. And thanks to my misguided career exploration, I'll get to hide from the usual holiday party drama in the firehouse, later on. :ph34r: