the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Freeze your credit reports.

Already did, filed a fraud alert with the national credit institutions. I'm signed up for LifeLock as well.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Already did, filed a fraud alert with the national credit institutions. I'm signed up for LifeLock as well.

Oh you are good then.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Oh you are good then.

It still stresses me out though, especially since they also have the title to my car since the dealer hadn't sent it off yet...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXwlilZqnM[/YOUTUBE]

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Oh, I will

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So had a pt the other day when I was at a clinical in the ER Young female 23 weeks pregnant came in as a trauma. A&O however combative after the fall with hemiparesis of the left side. I got to sit down with the ERP and talk about it after she went up, my theory was a thrombolytic stroke as a complication from the pregnancy.

Turns out she suffered an acute carotid dissection resulting in a massive right cerebral infarct. Holy camoly!

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Went to Chicago yesterday, got to come in two hours late today, did a 911 then a peds transfer to indy. The EMS gods can't make up thier minds to love or hate me

Last edited by a moderator:

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
Went to Chicago yesterday, got to come in two hours late today, did a 911 then a peds transfer to indy. The EMS gods can't make up thier minds to love or hate me

I'm taking myself a little vacation next week, but then I'm hitting the ride time hard back there. I'm wanting to be done and tested and certified before the end of April.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So had a pt the other day when I was at a clinical in the ER Young female 23 weeks pregnant came in as a trauma. A&O however combative after the fall with hemiparesis of the left side. I got to sit down with the ERP and talk about it after she went up, my theory was a thrombolytic stroke as a complication from the pregnancy.

Turns out she suffered an acute carotid dissection resulting in a massive right cerebral infarct. Holy camoly!

Wow! At 23? What was her outlook did they know yet?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wow! At 23? What was her outlook did they know yet?

I'm not sure. This was a couple weeks ago and I found out that she is still in the ICU and still totally flaccid on the left side :-/ poor girl. She had a history of meth use I guess and I'd be willing to be that the drug use didn't help her cause or the baby's for that matter.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
16 hours. Didn't move a single time all day for a single call, yet the system was busy as hell.

Essentially got paid OT to do nothing before my next 2 days off, meaning almost 3 days off :rofl:

Oh, and it's official... I work with 10% of the members on this forum.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
16 hours. Didn't move a single time all day for a single call, yet the system was busy as hell.

Essentially got paid OT to do nothing before my next 2 days off, meaning almost 3 days off :rofl:

Oh, and it's official... I work with 10% of the members on this forum.

See to me that sounds absolutely boring...but it is nice to get paid for not doing a whole lot all day.

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ictqCRakTIY&feature=colike[/youtube]

Proof that all med schools are the same...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
See to me that sounds absolutely boring...but it is nice to get paid for not doing a whole lot all day.

It was boring, but it's also a nice break from running your butt off for 16 hours.

I wont complain about getting paid overtime to do nothing.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Are girls in med school really that hot? This is the second video I've seen where supposedly medical students are making fun of medical school, and most of the girls are hot.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
There's quite a few very attractive ones at the med school hear :ph34r:

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Some poor bloke got crushed by a big rig, the fireys had to pry bits of him out from between the dual wheels at the back of the tractor unit, thats going to leave a stain or something

Fairly certain if I don't get yellow watch that the ambulance service is not for me anymore

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Found out a guy my partner and I transported last week had a dissecting AAA. Wowsers. I knew he was sick and I kinda suspected it but it definitely wasn't a textbook presentation.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Are girls in med school really that hot? This is the second video I've seen where supposedly medical students are making fun of medical school, and most of the girls are hot.

As with everything else, there are hot girls and there are not so hot girls in med school.