the 100% directionless thread

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Yay!! Another local Medic program closed down. I'll only have 23 months to get my Medic or be fired by the time class starts and only one program to choose from. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sadly, it's not.

I'd rather have a malpractice suit than what's being alleged.

I'm sorry :( I hope that everything works out for you

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Not going to lie, being called an ambulance officer upon showing my id in this country is quite gratifying.

Bro thats awesome and I figured out how to get my phone working with the vehicle stereo so I can play me a little Sugarland on "fluid deployment"

Both of these situations combine to be ...

mow_ntro.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My guess would be that he's better off not explaining until it is over or in the open.

+1

Lawyers are sneaky types. I wouldn't put it past em to lurk forums looking for their next boat payment.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
My guess would be that he's better off not explaining until it is over or in the open.

But he can go, "Someone is suing me over allegations of blah blah blah." and that doesn't put him in any liability.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
But he can go, "Someone is suing me over allegations of blah blah blah."

Assuming it's civil and not criminal. Best course of action is not to mention anything until the lawyer clears it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm. True.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'm not sure what's worse. Being stuck behind someone going down a mountain who is riding their breaks and refusing to use a turnout, or realizing at the bottom that it's a woman who's listening to music on headphones.

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
Yay!! Another local Medic program closed down. I'll only have 23 months to get my Medic or be fired by the time class starts and only one program to choose from. :banghead:

Who closed??

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
Hendo supposedly isn't getting reaccredited. Any insight? Not side which program you are in.

That's true. I'm in their class that just finished up, but for some reason I was under the impression that if they started a class before they required accreditation that they would be able to do one last class. At least that's what the coordinator there told us...

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
So I'm studying. I have access to the book on .mp3 which is great since I'm an audio learner. It was kind of a slow, repetitive portion so my mind was drifting a bit. Then I was like "what the....?" and rewound (do you rewind a .mp3?) to hear it again.

How many of you when dealing with a hard of hearing PT have taken off your stethoscope, put the earpieces in the PT's ears and spoken into the bell?

Really. No, really?

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
That's true. I'm in their class that just finished up, but for some reason I was under the impression that if they started a class before they required accreditation that they would be able to do one last class. At least that's what the coordinator there told us...

When will this class start. I do.t want to wait till august

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
And this makes 4 charts I'm down...

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
When will this class start. I do.t want to wait till august

I'm not really sure. I am thinking he said June, but I'm not positive. I'll PM you the guy that you'd need to talk to.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
So I'm studying. I have access to the book on .mp3 which is great since I'm an audio learner. It was kind of a slow, repetitive portion so my mind was drifting a bit. Then I was like "what the....?" and rewound (do you rewind a .mp3?) to hear it again.

How many of you when dealing with a hard of hearing PT have taken off your stethoscope, put the earpieces in the PT's ears and spoken into the bell?

Really. No, really?

That's worse than my paramedic texts expecting us to have a platform scale in the rig :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't even let my partner touch my steth, let alone a patient

Sasha

Forum Chief

Really. No, really?

I guard my new stethoscope with my life.

Epi-do

I see dead people
No one else uses my stethoscope. Nope, not gonna happen. If they can't hear me very well, I just talk louder. It usually is effective, and no one is going to overhear in a moving ambulance, so privacy isn't an issue.