the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Just sitting in the ED with two bags hung and some zofran. I love the stomach flu.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That'a putting it lightly...it's the same one I was telling you about last night

Wow. Dude lets just get a job at a place that runs dual medic, when I finish school, so neither of us have to deal with less-than-stellar partners.
:cool:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Wow. Dude lets just get a job at a place that runs dual medic, when I finish school, so neither of us have to deal with less-than-stellar partners.

Sounds like a plan...but I don't see how that will solve your problem :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
That'a putting it lightly...it's the same one I was telling you about last night
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0[/YOUTUBE]

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Glad to hear USAF is doing better and sorry to hear about all the stuff that Linuss is not telling us!

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
....How many of you when dealing with a hard of hearing PT have taken off your stethoscope, put the earpieces in the PT's ears and spoken into the bell?

Really. No, really?

So, onto my second totally serious question (no sarcasm font available).

The book says that I should not tell parents that have just lost their child that "it's okay, you can always have another one".

I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is correct because I was leaning toward the first approach.

What's really amazing about things like this, is that they're in there for a reason.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So I have something to say about this whole ordeal with Linuss.

That sucks that you are in that situation and I hope everything turns out ok buddy.

It's his business, stop prying at it. He's being smart by not revealing details, I commend him for that. I know when I'm facing something big it's difficult to keep my mouth shut sometimes.

Sure it sucks getting a little teaser but I'm sure after everything is resolved all of those that are curious will get to hear the details.

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
In celebration of my sixth post.....

I give you awkward sleeping cat.

enhanced-buzz-18941-1328131474-107.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

The book says that I should not tell parents that have just lost their child that "it's okay, you can always have another one".

I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is correct because I was leaning toward the first approach.

What's really amazing about things like this, is that they're in there for a reason.

Yea you shouldn't tell them that. I have never had the misfortune of telling a parent their child has died, or telling anyone that a loved one has died for that matter though so I'm not the most experienced person.

Personally I feel telling them "you can have another one" is somewhat belittling to the memory and the life of the child, but that's just my opinion.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

It's gods will. It's alright. I understand. It could be worse. Be strong. Don't cry. etc... ALL BAD!!!

Don't bring religion in to it. It is not alright. In their mind, how can you understand; it is their tragedy? Could anything be worse to them? It is okay to let emotions run their course. NO platitudes or trivialization of the situation.

Just my experience.

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
Yea you shouldn't tell them that. I have never had the misfortune of telling a parent their child has died, or telling anyone that a loved one has died for that matter though so I'm not the most experienced person.

Personally I feel telling them "you can have another one" is somewhat belittling to the memory and the life of the child, but that's just my opinion.

Just to be clear, I was being unnecessarily snarky. Never in a million years would I say something like that.