the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We had a call today because someone freaked out when a slightly demented patient tried to drive their car. Again, slightly demented, but otherwise able to refuse care. Just didn't know what city they were in (they were from out of state)

That callers reasoning? The patient, who had never been to that facility before, had to call and ask for directions! Plus, on the patients papers were doctors orders that stated the patient was not to drive.

I asked the reporting party if they wanted to use the hospital as a hotel and when they asked why I said because taking someone to the hospital that has no medical need nor want will be sent straight to the waiting room, where they will be free to walk away. I then told them that a doctors orders are not legally binding, and that as long as the person legally has their license, they can drive. That is the very reason why PD would not arrest the person, and why we would not transport.

Yes, I'll say that for a demented patient, driving possibly isn't the best thing, but just because you don't know where you're driving doesn't mean you suck at driving and are a danger to others. We finally just had a local friend of the persons come pick them up to take them home.

Such a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Forum Captain
How about the pt that has anxiety because Whitney houston died . Yup just ran that

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Sitting at mcdonalds at midnight discussing ketamine, next minute ... code 18 had to look on the MPDS card, headache

Bob67

Forum Probie
We got a tour of the Chester County 911 center last night. Great way to break up the lecture on communication and documentation.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
But it could be a possible stroke (sarcasm)

Im going to have stroke if my offsider doesnt develop a better taste in music; semisonic, deep purple, frank zappa and ub40 are all terrible

Why is this being discussed at 4 am anyway?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I was right... this is going to be a long week...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Is it twisted that I look at the day where I have to attend a 4 hour skills and procedures lecture in the morning that was asked for by my classmates as my day off? Its 1315 and I'm sitting on my couch, in basketball shorts and a t-shirt rather than an EMS or school uniform, contemplating what I want for lunch and if I want to drink a beer with lunch....

This is new territory to me...

Epi-do

I see dead people
I've been sick for a week. I had, I believe, a virus (symptoms identical to my kid who was sick a couple days before) that I got over 3 or 4 days ago. Since then, I have continued to have a HA, productive cough, and total exhaustion, along with a few other symptoms. I finally went to the doctor today since I'm not getting any better.

I left with prescriptions for an antibiotic, a steroid, and a diagnosis of "borderline pneumonia." I am going to be getting a call on Friday to see how I am feeling. If I'm not a lot better, she wants to add a second antibiotic to the mix. I am guessing at that point, my diagnosis will change from "borderline" to just plain ole pneumonia.

I am sick of feeling sick, and hope to finally be over this crap soon.

Joe

Forum Captain
Dang its going around. My partner and I both got sick on our day off within a hour of each other. Same symptoms and a 24 hr shift the next day where we got handled. Hate being sick.. according to web md our symptoms say we may have nearsightedness, or a brain aneurysm

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
according to web md our symptoms say we may have nearsightedness, or a brain aneurysm

call 911!!!!!!*)$#*&)@#*$&!)@*#!@#!@!!!^!^@&@^$!&$!$!$!$!!!!!!#&$($!!!!!

Sorry your sick :/

Joe

Forum Captain
call 911!!!!!!*)$#*&)@#*$&!)@*#!@#!@!!!^!^@&@^$!&$!$!$!$!!!!!!#&$($!!!!!

Sorry your sick :/

To do it right I must first pee on my self and wait till 3:47am to call, ama, thenll again in an hr

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's was 57 degrees this afternoon. I was standing on my back deck, grilling steaks. How can this be bad? If this is global warming, I'm all for it.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
It's was 57 degrees this afternoon. I was standing on my back deck, grilling steaks. How can this be bad? If this is global warming, I'm all for it.

Snowed last night. Mid 50's today. Even the 8 inches at 6300' on Monday was 80% gone on Tuesday.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
This post comes to EMTlife from lovely Auckland, New Zealand! As will all the subsequent ones for the next 4 months....

I'm quite excited, that is all.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
This post comes to EMTlife from lovely Auckland, New Zealand! As will all the subsequent ones for the next 4 months....

I'm quite excited, that is all.

Very cool. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Do they really talk funny like on TV?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just logged on to my bank account to find 2 fraudulent charges from my debit card, one from NC the other from VA.

The odd thing? Today is the 15th...one of the charges is for tomorrow, the 16th.

I called and told USAA that my time machine wasn't currently working so I don't know how I made a purchase tomorrow.

Oh well, USAA rocks and they fixed it.