the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
Spent the last two days at a Bob Page seminar - 12 Lead EKG Interpretation, Enhanced Interpretation, and Riding the Wave/Slap the Cap (capnography).

All I can say is it is amazing I haven't killed anyone in the last 3 years. (Or, maybe I did, but I just didn't know it.) I know EMS education is pretty much an oxymoron when talking about EMTB and medic courses, but holy cow Batman! I can't believe all the stuff that I was never taught, that is so easy to look for once you know how, why, and what it means to you and your patient!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
The lack of precipitation over the last 6-8 weeks has all the Meteorologist being overly optimistic in predicting the storms this weekend.

Yesterday we were supposed to get an inch of rain at the lower elevations and a foot of snow at the resorts... we got three sprinkles (I counted) and no snow.

Today we were supposed to get 1-3 feet of snow at the resorts and although the storm is here, it is TOO WARM (49 degrees at my home at 3,630 feet) and the lowest snow is about several thousand feet higher than the resorts.

January 20 and the only snow I have seen was back in October. Prediction: Enough snow this weekend to open the resorts for the week... and then close by next weekend. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, they're currently predicting a quarter inch of rain at the coast, which means it's time for STORM WATCH 2012.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Laying in my bunk, hoping for a repeat of last night.

However, frozen precip tonight means MVAs, which always results in chilly, damp medics. :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Never again will I volunteer to be attached to the medical group for a large scale fire. Never again...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This picture makes me want to go back into the Fire department badly.

6c002307-3abe-912d.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
This picture makes me want to go back into the Fire department badly.

6c002307-3abe-912d.jpg

The Seabees, because fire fighters need heroes too...

The back story on this is a BMW driven by a woman with a baby in the back seat got ran off the road by a big rig (big rig fell over the side killing the driver). A convoy of Seabees just happened to be driving by and volunteered to help out by doing random things like direct traffic. The fire department declined that, but asked if they could use their fork lift.

Anjel

Forum Angel
The Seabees, because fire fighters need heroes too...

The back story on this is a BMW driven by a woman with a baby in the back seat got ran off the road by a big rig (big rig fell over the side killing the driver). A convoy of Seabees just happened to be driving by and volunteered to help out by doing random things like direct traffic. The fire department declined that, but asked if they could use their fork lift.

My grandpa was a seabee in WWII. Not until after he died that I realized that he wasn't just some construction worker.

Never again will I volunteer to be attached to the medical group for a large scale fire. Never again...

I thought you said it should be a bad day unless something seriously goes wrong? lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
Dispatched priority 3 for one not eating or drinking at an ECF.

ATF pt laying in bed. I introduced myself. she opened her eyes. Then quit breathing. I went to take pulse. Felt 3 beats. Then arrest.

Daughter looks at me says she doesn't think she needs us anymore and we can go, because she is dead.

Nurse comes in with BP machine. I tell her there is no pulse. She says she still has to take BP. No BP. DNR. We were cancelled, and asked to go to another room and take a pt with abnormal labs.

Daughter says its ok because her mom code blues a lot.

OH EM GEE

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I thought you said it should be a bad day unless something seriously goes wrong? lol

We saw one pt in 14 hrs...and he AMA'd. Cool that's fine. Our official sign out time is 2100, the crew that time ended at 1900 just came through an said it took them an hour and forty minutes to sign out.

My original shift was 0745-1945. Actual shift so far is 0700 to somewhere around 2200...I'm a grumpy panda and so is my partnet

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn360trGChY&feature=colike[/youtube]
So... where's the [verbal fecal matter] Paramedics Say video?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I love me some frozen yogurt

c6e4dfec-4e42-b14f.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcArnepkhv0[/youtube]

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it just me, or are the movies from the 80's among the best EVER???