the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Damn it Romney. You just made it so that I'm going to vote for Obama in the general election. Thanks you son of a fornicating female dog.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you saying that EMS providers aren't professional enough to utilize "due regard," therefore requiring more laws to be placed instead of self-governance and the use of professional judgement?

God I missed you JP. But I am Zen now, so, whatever... One day you to will figure it all out... of this I am sure...

Oh, and, yes I am.

JPINFV

Gadfly
God I missed you JP. But I am Zen now, so, whatever... One day you to will figure it all out... of this I am sure...

Oh, and, yes I am.

128944875841341774.jpg

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
TNSAR is Tahoe Nordic. Never heard of TCSAR. Tahoe Nordic is on the north lake side, I'm pretty sure Douglas county does south lake.

I grew up in Tahoe and work in Reno.

I am not familiar with TNSAR. I know a Douglas County guy in passing. On the CA side, it is El Dorado County Sheriff's SAR that is the agency with jurisdiction. I am familiar with some of them and have tried to model my Search Management/GIS Program after some of the things they have done. Good guys. Large team.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Last year it snowed 4 feet on thanksgiving (2010) and didn't end until June. Hell my 10 foot fences were missing for vast potions of the season. Today is January 8th and not a drop of snow. Nothing on the 10 day forecast. Ridiculous... :wacko:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I am not familiar with TNSAR. I know a Douglas County guy in passing. On the CA side, it is El Dorado County Sheriff's SAR that is the agency with jurisdiction. I am familiar with some of them and have tried to model my Search Management/GIS Program after some of the things they have done. Good guys. Large team.

Sweet deal. El Dorado is too far from me now. I was thinking about looking into volly options with Washoe County Sheriff Office's HASTY team I heard you have to be a deputy though.

I did a few minor SARs as a patroller but nothing big. Where I was everything funneled down into society.

How do you like SAR?

Usalsfyre I feel your pain. I have been on the 0430-1630 unit and this weekend I'm on the 1530-0330, then next weekend I'm on a 16 hour unit starting in the am. Talk about screwing with my sleep cycle.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Sweet deal. El Dorado is too far from me now. I was thinking about looking into volly options with Washoe County Sheriff Office's HASTY team I heard you have to be a deputy though.

I did a few minor SARs as a patroller but nothing big. Where I was everything funneled down into society.

How do you like SAR?

Not too familiar with the Nevada Teams; Geographically we just don't interact with them. The only time I can think of where we worked together was when a resident of Mineral County went missing in our county; still missing, was probably never here, FBI involved. We accepted Mineral County's offer for help. They showed up with jeeps, ATVs, etc and then they soon realized that once you cross over the sierra's the high desert disappears and we had only a few miles of jeep trail that could possible be covered with their fleet of 4WD. The SAR culture is different from county to county, literally.

Washoe? I think Fernando the Tracker is with them. Took some classes from him. Good guy; expert tracker used by local LEOs, SAR, FBI, etc. Beyond that; not familiar with their system.

Ask me a year ago, the answer is LOVE IT, WILL NEVER STOP. But I made the mistake of getting involved in the politics. I had both Operational and Administrative Command positions. Operationally, there is nothing better than a SAR call; like EMS, you take the good and bad, but love it every step of the way. Administratively, not so much. For every battle won and positive change made, there was as much pain. I final resigned all my positions administratively; Training Officer, Executive Board Member, Medical Team Leader, Academy Coordinator/Instructor. But operationally, you still have to hold me at gun point to make me quit. We ran several call in the last year that leave you with that sense of accomplishment that nothing else compares to. And of course, it is just funner than hell. In fact, earlier today we were en-route to a missing person over the embankment call. Fire/EMS were on-scene, panicking. They requested air support and since I was the highest certified/experienced medical provider with flight crew/short-haul qualification, my Crew Chief singled me out to be the Dope-on-a-Rope. Come on, how can you pass that up? Be better if they paid me... but can;t stop doing this...

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Hot night tonight, full moon tonight, glad I'm not working tonight ....

Somebody send me your snow please

Sasha

Forum Chief
I called out sick Saturday... But today I'm actually sick.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Not too familiar with the Nevada Teams; Geographically we just don't interact with them. The only time I can think of where we worked together was when a resident of Mineral County went missing in our county; still missing, was probably never here, FBI involved. We accepted Mineral County's offer for help. They showed up with jeeps, ATVs, etc and then they soon realized that once you cross over the sierra's the high desert disappears and we had only a few miles of jeep trail that could possible be covered with their fleet of 4WD. The SAR culture is different from county to county, literally.

Washoe? I think Fernando the Tracker is with them. Took some classes from him. Good guy; expert tracker used by local LEOs, SAR, FBI, etc. Beyond that; not familiar with their system.

Ask me a year ago, the answer is LOVE IT, WILL NEVER STOP. But I made the mistake of getting involved in the politics. I had both Operational and Administrative Command positions. Operationally, there is nothing better than a SAR call; like EMS, you take the good and bad, but love it every step of the way. Administratively, not so much. For every battle won and positive change made, there was as much pain. I final resigned all my positions administratively; Training Officer, Executive Board Member, Medical Team Leader, Academy Coordinator/Instructor. But operationally, you still have to hold me at gun point to make me quit. We ran several call in the last year that leave you with that sense of accomplishment that nothing else compares to. And of course, it is just funner than hell. In fact, earlier today we were en-route to a missing person over the embankment call. Fire/EMS were on-scene, panicking. They requested air support and since I was the highest certified/experienced medical provider with flight crew/short-haul qualification, my Crew Chief singled me out to be the Dope-on-a-Rope. Come on, how can you pass that up? Be better if they paid me... but can;t stop doing this...

That makes sense. I don't have a whole lot of interest in admin. I'd love to do it on the side as a volly. Get to go find people while doing things I love to do!

I'm hoping this ALS patroller gig plays out next year although I'll be a relatively new medic, if all goes well, so I don't know if that will shoot me in the foot. I do have patrol experience though so that's on my side.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It's too early. I haven't been up before 7am in ages. Only 3 hours and 45 mins sleep as well.... Grrrrr. Energy drinks here I come.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Well todays the day I find out if I still have a job.

Anjel

Forum Angel

medic417

The Truth Provider

Anjel

Forum Angel

medic417

The Truth Provider