Stuff you are just sick and tired of reading and hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
"What should I carry in my jump kit in my car?" Seriously....it should be forum policy that I'm allowed to keel haul any new member whose first post consists of anything of that sort.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
"What should I carry in my jump kit in my car?" Seriously....it should be forum policy that I'm allowed to keel haul any new member whose first post consists of anything of that sort.

So after you have a 1,000 posts it is ok to have a jump kit in your car??

Looks like I know what I'm getting for Christmas...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I've got photos of one accident scene where this is a true statement.
i'm sure you do. and I've got about a thousand photos of MVAs where seat belts prevented a more serious injury. and I'm sure someone who specializes in kinematics can explain exact why seat belts save lives and reduce injuries.

While getting toned to an MVA: "law enforcements requests evaluation for pt involved requests non code response" as every unit enroute still screams code there. Annoying!
You think that's bad? I was dispatched for an MVA, and the officer on scene requested no lights or sirens response. and then during the response, he had dispatch start asking "what's your eta?" and two minutes later "what's your ETA?" well, you requested no lights, and it's rush hour, and we are coming from the other end of town. oh well, I get paid by the hour, and you can babysit the obviously stable patient until I get there.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
and I'm sure someone who specializes in kinematics can explain exact why seat belts save lives and reduce injuries.
You rang?

-Prevention of ejection from the vehicle
-Prevention of secondary impact with interior of vehile
-Allows a greater distance over which your body can decelerate (by allowing it to slow down along with the seat instead of abruptly stopping when you hit the steering wheel, dash, windshield or the back of the seats.
-Allows energy to be effectively transferred from the strongest parts of the torso (shoulders and pelvic crests) to the seat....assuming that you're wearing your seatbelt correctly.
-Keeps one a safe distance from the airbags as they deploy

Those would be the big ones.

Joe

Forum Captain
sorry bro, our C7 is like gold and might not last very long

park where I want

Mmm C7 :) my favorite thing heard on the radio.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"She was just fine last time we looked in on her"

Ditto "Here are her last (normal) vital signs" (how true they are..."last"...). We just took them five minutes ago".

"Come around back and DO NOT use lights and sirens, it will bother the other patients" (pulseless patient in a doctor's office, no CPR in progress).

"You can't miss it" (rural dispatch or LE driving instructions).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
"unconscious but(t) breathing" why must they tone it out like that??

We get "unresponsive, breathing." Idk if has always been that way. I agree with you though, I'd laugh if I heard it toned out that way.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I guess we have all covered what we are tired of reading.

Carry on, though!

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
how about
"Ive had whatever problem since noon yesterday." (and its 0300)
"I pay taxes, so that means im paying you, do as I say"
"It will be faster for me to be seen if I go by ambulance"
"We are doing CPR because they stopped breathing" "But you just told me they were awake alert and breathing" "Yea but they stopped for a minute so we have to keep doing CPR"
"If I take the spoon out of her mouth she will choke" (during a siezure)

Last edited by a moderator:

tacitblue

Forum Crew Member
"nurses are a higher level of care."

Perhaps now yes, but your self defeating attitude gets the profession no where.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
"nurses are a higher level of care."

Perhaps now yes, but your self defeating attitude gets the profession no where.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:that.jpg

What does attitude have to do with the poor education in this field?

Furthermore, what does attitude have to do with level of care?

Are you saying we provide the same exact service out of an ambulance as can be provided in a hospital?

Then why is our destination always the ER? Why not the pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics for our patient's infection?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

tacitblue

Forum Crew Member
:censored::censored::censored::censored:that.jpg

What does attitude have to do with the poor education in this field?

Furthermore, what does attitude have to do with level of care?

Are you saying we provide the same exact service out of an ambulance as can be provided in a hospital?

Then why is our destination always the ER? Why not the pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics for our patient's infection?

I'm sorry, I am not quite picking up your argument. I mentioned a generality commonly made by medics in my area; paramedics complaining about the fact that most consider a nurse to be a "higher" level of care than a medic. I made no mention of my opinion regarding that philosophy. However, I will now explain.

I work in Los Angeles where MICNs are considered by the local decision makers to be qualified to supervise paramedic care in the field. While it is no secret that a registered nurse probably has more education than a paramedic educated(trained) in Los Angeles, I believe that comparing nurses to paramedics is apples to oranges. A properly educated paramedic vs a registered nurse is a false comparison; the two professionals occupy different areas of healthcare.

The fact that we don't provide the "exact same" care as a hospital in the ambulance has no bearing on this. If we are to use that line of reasoning, which is the "higher level of care" for a patient with a dissecting thoracic aorta, a paramedic ambulance or a small community hospital with RNs and a physician staffed ED? Think about that one for a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Sorry I asked.

Oh dear ModGods, seal this thread forever!
oh+my.jpg

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Sorry, I took it off course, That not a discussion for this thread.

Mods, if you would kindly remove these posts to let this good humoured conversation carry on as is it would be appreciated.

[/whyyoushouldn'tppstwhileonthejohninthemorning]

Status
Not open for further replies.