Star ambulance la county

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone work for star ambulance in la county? I ran into one of their rigs while posting at a Starbucks parking lot. It looked like it hadn't been washed in months, and the tags were expired. Since May 2013. What's the deal with that.? I didn't see the crew, and had no idea who they were, but I for one would refuse to go out in a rig like that.

/rant

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
No, they're called "Star" Ambulance. It was yellow on black. It gave me an energy drink vibe.

Are you sure it wasn't decommissioned Ambulance? Google shows there was only one Ambulance actually called star Ambulance and they seems to have closed.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
never heard of a "Star" Ambulance in LA, CA

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
I've seen as recent as October. Rig reminds me of carls jr. Rig from hell if you ask me. Only seen it on Beverly through east la montebello neighborhoods.

OP
OP
I

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
The following, my fellow EMT-lifers, is visual proof. Star ambulance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
At least theres not a phone number predominantly displayed all over it...

OP
OP
I

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Are you sure it wasn't decommissioned Ambulance? Google shows there was only one Ambulance actually called star Ambulance and they seems to have closed.

Definitely not a decommissioned ambulance. I witnessed them pull up, with a patient in the back. They were dropping off at a local hospital.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Definitely not a decommissioned ambulance. I witnessed them pull up, with a patient in the back. They were dropping off at a local hospital.

Perhaps they stole it from a lot somewhere and are secretly running illicit dialysis transfers. Who knows? I've heard shadier things about LA EMS...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Star Medical Transportation
1630 S Soto St, Los Angeles, CA 90023
(323) 268-3200

Call and ask em?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sounds like someone is having an exciting shift...

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
They are from what i understand illegitimate. Seen the crews running one ambulance. Thwy run the hole in the wall con home calls etc. They run mostly after 5pm but can be spotted alll over east LA and downtown. Not so much at the main hospitals. They play hopscotch with dot.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
They are from what i understand illegitimate. Seen the crews running one ambulance. Thwy run the hole in the wall con home calls etc. They run mostly after 5pm but can be spotted alll over east LA and downtown. Not so much at the main hospitals. They play hopscotch with dot.

I don't get company's that don't get la license. It's very easy to get one. There is however legal way to run in L.A. without actually having the license. Drop off patient in l.a. and don't move the rig till patient is ready to go back. Basically being you don't "transfer " patient control fully, it's continuation of transportation and as such it's not consider to be separate pick up which would require a license.