Should I get a multi tool?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I know that some EMTs have multi tools in addition to Raptors. I’m wonder your thoughts.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have one in my bag. It stays there until I have needed it which isn’t very often but times have occurred.

I carry another one with me on my flight vest.

OP
OP
Fezman92

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Anything specific?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
absolutely. I recommend this one:
largest-multi-tool.jpg

or this one:

most-expensive-multitool.jpg

some people love their multitools; I've had three over my career, and two have since been lost or discarded. personally, I don't see the attracting of carrying one; the 3rd ones stays in my duty belt, and I can't think of the last time I actually pulled it out, let alone used it.

If you want to spend the money on one, go nuts. it's your money

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Pretty much any leatherman will do perfect. Never had any issues with any of mine.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Carried a wave for years on my belt, but with raptors plus a knife I had essentially stopped using it. I kept leaving at the station and didn't have it for mountain bike rides where I actually used it, so now it lives in my sick red mountain bike fanny pack.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Seems like the day I needed it, I didn’t have it. I just started to carry it all the time to fully insure I’d never need it.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
I have a Core and an OHT. Use them semi-frequently. They're useful.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have a Core and an OHT. Use them semi-frequently. They're useful.
They're useful when you don't have the appropriate tool available. I carried a basic Leatherman every day and pretty much only used the pliers on the O2 tank when we couldn't find the wrench.

Fastfrankie19151

Forum Crew Member
I carry one that I've had for years. I broke the screwdriver recently and sent it in to Leatherman for repair. I'm getting a leatherman Wave to replace it.

If you DO decide to buy a multitool, sign up for Leatherman PRO. Do NOT ever pay full price for that stuff. https://www.leatherman.com/pro.html
You will love the wave I have one great tool I carry it daily usually in a pocket of my pants or some times on my belt.

The Possum

Forum Crew Member
I had a Leatherman for years. I now have a Gerber multi pliers. Honestly I don't carry either of them. I carry a knife in my pocket and my trauma shears have a cut out to open the '02 tanks. That's all I really need.

NightHealer865

Nationally Registered Paramedic
I carry the leatherman Skeletool RX on me everywhere, work and off duty. I’ll carry my raptors that were issued to me by my agency as well. The Skeletool has a few screw drivers, pliers, a rescue knife and a glass breaker. Good for almost any situation I’d need a multi tool for