Scheduled Downtime - April 29th - 10:00 PM EDT

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
We are upgrading the EMTLife server on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 10pm EDT (GMT -4), and expect approximately 30 minutes of downtime. During that time you may be unable to access EMTLife or may encounter errors.

This upgrade will help us increase the site's speed and decrease the amount of time it takes for pages to load.

EMTLife has been up 99.92% of the time for the past 12 months, and Google says that we're faster than 79% of sites on the internet. Hopefully this upgrade will make the site even faster and more stable.

Thanks for your patience!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Unacceptable. You are not allowed to go down. What am I going to do with myself for 30 minutes?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Unacceptable. You are not allowed to go down. What am I going to do with myself for 30 minutes?

Come to California, I'm sure we can find something to do during those 30 minutes!

Anjel

Forum Angel

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Great! Now what am I going to do when I am taking a break from studying? :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
No thanks. I'm not a fan of earth quakes.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've been called many things, but an earth quake has never been one of them...B);):blush:

i'm going to report you for sexual harrasment.

Anjel

Forum Angel

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've been called many things, but an earth quake has never been one of them...B);):blush:

Hmmmm....maybe you need to change your User Title to "Earthquake":p

Asimurk

Forum Captain
We are upgrading the EMTLife server on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 10pm EDT (GMT -4), and expect approximately 30 minutes of downtime. During that time you may be unable to access EMTLife or may encounter errors.

This upgrade will help us increase the site's speed and decrease the amount of time it takes for pages to load.

EMTLife has been up 99.92% of the time for the past 12 months, and Google says that we're faster than 79% of sites on the internet. Hopefully this upgrade will make the site even faster and more stable.

Thanks for your patience!

So at 9PM CST (GMT -5), you're going to shut down the forum, make a back-up, and transfer the copy where? A whole new server, or adding to the existing one? Going to SSDs, adding more RAM, faster processor, change in router/switch? I'm curious what you mean by "upgrade".

Anjel

Forum Angel
So at 9PM CST (GMT -5), you're going to shut down the forum, make a back-up, and transfer the copy where? A whole new server, or adding to the existing one? Going to SSDs, adding more RAM, faster processor, change in router/switch? I'm curious what you mean by "upgrade".

Woah asi. You lost me at "so at 9pm CST" lol

Asimurk is smurt.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Come to California, I'm sure we can find something to do during those 30 minutes!

But then she would still have to find something for the other 29 minutes.