Patients Plus - Alameda County

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Finally saw Patients plus rig at Highland hospital yesterday, almost the same rig as Paramedics plus

IMG_1875.jpg

That would be cct bls are fords

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Seen their BLS a couple of times, CCT-P parked in front of Eden Medical Center. Saw their BLS today parked in front if the Starbucks/Bank of the West on Mowry when I went to eat breakfast at La Moose Crepe Cafe. No contracts still?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I see they stuck with the Seven-Up paint scheme, do y'all have to wear the pants too?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've seen their crews. They wear what everyone feared, green pants with a reflector stripe thing I think. Paramedic plus just wears black pants.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Waterlizard, wait a few months. Unless they've improved drastically the wear on them sucks.

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Seen their BLS a couple of times, CCT-P parked in front of Eden Medical Center. Saw their BLS today parked in front if the Starbucks/Bank of the West on Mowry when I went to eat breakfast at La Moose Crepe Cafe. No contracts still?

Off topic but that cafe is decent. I almost miss hanging out on Mowry sometimes.

Don't miss all the SNFs though. That and all the camera lights made everyone paranoid because of AMR's policy.

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
Oh ok got you. Thanks. I start my new hire academy tomorrow pretty excited. So you get paid differently when working a different shift?

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have an interview for the patients plus mental health emt position on Monday an I was wondering if you know anything about that? My biggest fear is that I'm going to be by myself on some van running around 5150s all day. Or is that position on one of the bls rigs too? Thanks

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have an interview for the patients plus mental health emt position on Monday an I was wondering if you know anything about that? My biggest fear is that I'm going to be by myself on some van running around 5150s all day. Or is that position on one of the bls rigs too? Thanks

You got it right! You will be by yourself in the crazy van running 5150s all day! You might be able to pick up shifts on the bls side ask jeff on your interview...

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
Damn that's exactly what I don't want to be doing. Do you see them working bls ever? I feel like its a waste of my time lol I didn't go to emt school to drive a minivan around. Do you know the pay?

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Don't know the pay.. It isn't up and running yet so not sure how it is going to work out, I would ask jeff all these questions on the interview.

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
Don't know the pay.. It isn't up and running yet so not sure how it is going to work out, I would ask jeff all these questions on the interview.

Will do, thanks. Any tips for the interview or hiring process? I was told panel interview, skills test (he said trauma assessment?), and written test and some sort of physical test I'm guessing (they said bring workout clothes).

oneangryfilm

Forum Probie
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, ladies and gents. I got a call this afternoon with the recruiter explaining how the process would go (possibly spoiling the skill, too) and said to bring workout clothes. Hopefully all of you who posted before got hired and are enjoying it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, ladies and gents. I got a call this afternoon with the recruiter explaining how the process would go (possibly spoiling the skill, too) and said to bring workout clothes. Hopefully all of you who posted before got hired and are enjoying it.

We have no problem with people bringing back dead threads as long as something productive is contributed...and thanks for using the search feature in the first place.

Congrats on the call back, and good luck.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
Congratz!, guess they changed it up then before, when i did it was oral, skills, written then come back if you get a call back to do agility test, theres a chance you will get into als side instead of bls since they been really really messing that up lately for the past 3 academies, alot of us are really bitter annoyed about whats going on with that but overall its a nice company to work for if u never had experience or just starting, just be prepared to have your expectations dropped as you work over the months

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We have no problem with people bringing back dead threads as long as something productive is contributed...and thanks for using the search feature in the first place.

Congrats on the call back, and good luck.

x2 to all of it.

Congratulations, good luck!

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Congratz!, guess they changed it up then before, when i did it was oral, skills, written then come back if you get a call back to do agility test, theres a chance you will get into als side instead of bls since they been really really messing that up lately for the past 3 academies, alot of us are really bitter annoyed about whats going on with that but overall its a nice company to work for if u never had experience or just starting, just be prepared to have your expectations dropped as you work over the months

What happened w/ the last 3 academies? Just wondering cause I have my oral, written, skills, etc tomorrow.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
It was a class of i think 26 and only 3 -4 were going to bls and everyone else are going als, they said they closing off hiring for als side completely two months ago but that was all bs