Patients Plus - Alameda County

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the response, gclol. Unfortunate that happened.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hm, rumor is they are scheduling interviews for 25 EMTs for Patient Plus and 16 medics for Paramedic Plus. Maybe they've stopped hiring EMTs for Paramedic Plus?

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Ok here is my 2 cents on patients plus. If you are stuck at a BLS company like pro, royal..etc with no chance to upgrade to als then PT+ is probably a good option for you. However DO NOT come over to PT+ thinking you will get to go ALS IN 6mon like they tell you. I can't stress that enough! Don't take this as me trying to discourage anybody from applying here. I am just being honest with you which management will not! It isn't a bad gig and it is the only place in alco that you can be on a bls unit and run in the 911 system. Just don't get your hopes up on moving over to the als if I could do it over again I would say no to PT+ and hold out for paramedics+.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
Hm, rumor is they are scheduling interviews for 25 EMTs for Patient Plus and 16 medics for Paramedic Plus. Maybe they've stopped hiring EMTs for Paramedic Plus?

if thats rumor is for sure then its gonna suck for those 25 EMTS because there wont be any units for them, they have yet to order more units, the MHT units were sent back to Texas because they didnt research hard enough so they have to reorder the right units (cage wouldnt fit), apparently we are getting 5 e-350 units coming from texas designed for MHT, but probably wont happen till at-least march since the previous units couldn't even pass smog

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
If that's the case I might as well stay where I'm at. I'll still go through with the interview tomorrow, but I was under the impression that I was interviewing for paramedics plus.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
If that's the case I might as well stay where I'm at. I'll still go through with the interview tomorrow, but I was under the impression that I was interviewing for paramedics plus.

go for it atleast because there still hiring EMT/medics for the next academy for pplus, that is the current saying, the problem is after the academy there arent any shifts since there going through budget cut mode and there are a :censored::censored::censored::censored: ton of part timers hungry for shifts

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member

Make sure you are, if they offer you pt+ just remember you will be waiting to go als for a while

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What if they stop offering positions for EMTs to work at Paramedic Plus and this is their only way in? I know some people were told that before they went to Patient Plus, but is it a possibility that now it might actually be true since they seemed like they've over hired now for Paramedic Plus?

If they are only hiring EMTs to go into Patient Plus and not Paramedic Plus anymore, kinda makes sense to go to Patient Plus first as long as you don't have to reinterview, reapply, etc. like I hear you have to from Rural/Metro of Northern California (IFT) to Rural/Metro 911. Working for other companies like Royal, Westmed, or Norcal Ambulance seems like just gaining experience to switch to the IFT division of these 911 companies now, and then no choices to get into 911.

Everything seems so messed up now that AMR is gone. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
What if they stop offering positions for EMTs to work at Paramedic Plus and this is their only way in? I know some people were told that before they went to Patient Plus, but is it a possibility that now it might actually be true since they seemed like they've over hired now for Paramedic Plus?

I guess anything is possible....

gclol

Forum Crew Member
that was one of the agreements, that EMT go through patients plus first then paramedics plus since thats what all current ALS EMT/medics want but management doesnt want to listen or didnt listen. One of the reasons why they are over hiring is because they are killing off all OT. why have full timers trying to pick up OT when you can have a bunch of part timers fight for hours.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So now they are trying to over hire for patient plus so the EMTs in it can't get OT you think? :(

gclol

Forum Crew Member
so far there are like only 4 part timers so picking OT is really easy pick up shifts. but it might look like that unless they start ordering more units. they over hired by accident since abunch of the recent new hour were gonna be MHT people but since thats not happening there working IFT or 911 so like there are some people with full time status but dont have shifts lol

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Anyone know what the pre assessment is like?

oneangryfilm

Forum Probie
Do you know going into it if you'll be staffing a BLS rig or the MHT unit? I imagine if you're doing MHT they will mention it in the interview.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
personally i dont know why they keep saying your only gonna be hired for MHT, your gonna be trained for all parts of BLS which are IFT, CCT, MHT and ALS back up, we had like 5 people who got hired for MHT originally but since they weren't ready yet they put them in whatever shift was available when we did our shift bid, this place is really unorganized its a shameeee

gclol

Forum Crew Member
FTO time consist of 3 areas and i think 1 day of code 3 driving on a als unit. you go through IFT CCT and als back up training 3 days each i think. IFT training is easy since you should already know how that works, then there is CCT your working with a medic and you do code 3 driving from time to time, als back up is where you actually have to learn really in depth . You need to learn the county protocols and know your assessments and learning when you need to als the call or not. All 3 parts of the bls side you learn how to use the epcr toughbooks, the IFT/CCT uses different versions of the zoll program and when you do als back up your using the paramedics plus pcr version. the radio channels are different IFT/CCT uses a seperate radio channel that goes to Texas and the als back up your using the 911 channels and listening to when you get a call.

PARAMAYBE209

Forum Ride Along
Well we all just got an email about being layed off. :censored::censored::censored::censored: this place, they close the only money makin operation to "focus on 911". No you need to focus on being less evil and learning how to treat employees. I haven't met a single person that enjoys working here.

Just a warning, don't take a job at P+. Just wait until they fold and ALCO takes it over or until another company takes it over