overdose deaths - what drug are you seeing in your area

coolidge

Forum Crew Member
What drug(s) are you seeing in your area?
DEA Releases 2015 Drug Threat Assessment: Heroin and Painkiller Abuse Continue to Concern
Mexican drug traffickers remain most significant criminal drug threat to the United States
NOV 04 (WASHINGTON) - DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg today announced results from the 2015 National Drug Threat Assessment (NDTA), which found that drug overdose deaths are the leading cause of injury death in the United States, ahead of deaths from motor vehicle accidents and firearms. In 2013, more than 46,000 people in the United States died from a drug overdose and more than half of those were caused by prescription painkillers and heroin.

http://www.dea.gov/divisions/hq/2015/hq110415.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Heroin.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We actually don't have a huge problem with Heroin in my area. We still see it but its not a huge issue. We mostly deal with meth. Depending on the time of year we also see GHB, Molly, Acid, LSD, and cocaine (pretty much any of the "designer" drugs).

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Opiates of some type and meth.

phideux

Forum Captain
This area, mostly pain pills.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Very rare to have a drug overdose death in our service area. Law enforcement says Heroin is a huge problem, but it has yet to affect us in a big way.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My area seems to be seeing lots of benzo, mostly ativan and alprazolam, overdoses.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
K2

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Spice is big here and formaldehyde laced weed has made a comeback. Still have the usual crack and meth but the ODs are coming from the first two.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not so much of an overdose thing but wax is starting to become popular out here. We have had several explosions and burn patients due to the making of it.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Heroin and opiate pills. When I was still volunteering I would run an overdose a week outta my volley house, and alot of the time it was loser's I went to high school with. I graduated in 2001, and since then my class has lost 31 people to overdoses..... Fools.