OhioEMTStylez

Forum Ride Along
Hello EMS family,
I am brand new to this site. I have recently completed an A-EMT class in Ohio. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good free A-EMT test prep apps or sites for the registry.

Also my EMT-B registry is very close to expiering. My instructor told me that the class would not count as CEUs but a medic friend said I can still use them just list them by hour. I have never put in hours before since this is the first time I would have to refresh. Does anyone have a recomendation on a site or something to explain the steps well to enter the hours.

Thankyou all for your help. I wish I found this site sooner.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
JB Navigate has an A test prep. You can buy the app for iOS or Android.

And the training director for your agency can help you with the NREMT hours. If you license as an A, you won't need to recert the Basic. You should be able to do it by 3/31 if you've finished the class already.

OP
OP
O

OhioEMTStylez

Forum Ride Along
Thankyou for your reply. I have passed the class I just need to schedule and take the Advanced test. I am just concerened if I fail the test I wont be able to get a 2nd attempt in by the time I need to refresh. I work for private EMS so I dont think I really have a training director.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thankyou for your reply. I have passed the class I just need to schedule and take the Advanced test. I am just concerened if I fail the test I wont be able to get a 2nd attempt in by the time I need to refresh. I work for private EMS so I dont think I really have a training director.

There's nobody at your company who oversees training?

OP
OP
O

OhioEMTStylez

Forum Ride Along
Sorry for the delay, I dont believe so. If there is they have never been brought to my attention. But I will look into it, I hope there is.