Massachusetts EMT Jobs

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Discussion of the cuts and better info on jobs in the Metro Boston area are in the other thread.

OP
OP
C

chrisp368

Forum Probie
Has anyone ever heard of singing a long term contract (2 years or so) to a company as EMT and then they will pay for you to go get your Medic license?

TbArbie

Forum Crew Member
hmm i havent heard of that

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Has anyone ever heard of singing a long term contract (2 years or so) to a company as EMT and then they will pay for you to go get your Medic license?

My agency is a 5 year contract. If you can get someone to pay for your school why not go for it.

I'm not in Massachusetts, though.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Definitely not uncommon. otherwise they spend $2000-5000 one someone who will leave once they get their medic license.

Lots of hospitals do it for nursing school too. they will pay for school, but you got to work for them once you graduate.

it's really a win/win. you get your schooling paid for, and once you pass everything, you are guaranteed a job in your field, so you don't have to go job hunting. The other advantage for you is should you want to leave your present medic job, you just need to pay back the money for school, and if you are a nurse or medic, that can be obtained in as little as 3 months. But you don't have to worry about paying for school and other expenses while in school.

not uncommon, and not shady.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My agency is a 5 year contract. If you can get someone to pay for your school why not go for it.

I'm not in Massachusetts, though.

Also, you get paid your hourly wage while in class/clinicals/internship.

Too bad I got hired partway through school and didn't luck out with this luxury :(

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Brewster recently completed a hiring cycle so if you didn't get hired you might be waiting for a bit.

OP
OP
C

chrisp368

Forum Probie
When was this? I just applied like 3 weeks ago and they always say they`ll call me later in the week or on monday

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
hmm

gee, didnt I post a thread like this? ;)

Good luck Chrisp. It took me several months before i got a job, but the metro boston area is MUCH easier than cape cod.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When was this? I just applied like 3 weeks ago and they always say they`ll call me later in the week or on monday

This week I think? With all these companies just keep calling until they tell you they aren't hiring. Almost every company is hiring to some degree or another, just may not right this second.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Tell me about it. All we really have is CCA...

AMR has a Cape Cod division and Brewster has a base in Middleboro.

OP
OP
C

chrisp368

Forum Probie
I was just on the AMR site and it says there is an opening for an EMT position. I just applied to Trinity, Cataldo, and Fallon. Still waiting to hear something back from EasCare, Brewster, and McCall.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Brewster has no relation to the Brewster here on Cape.
Is AMR hiring? Last I heard they already went through their cycle.

Yes I am well aware of that, Brewster Ambulance Service (based in Boston) has a base in Middleboro that has 3 ALS and 5 BLS rigs coming out of it everyday to service Middleboro and the greater Southcoast area. Obviously Middleboro is not on the cape proper, but it is closer than say Boston. Eascare has several bases on the Southcoast as well. There's also STAT in Dartmouth and Alert in Fall River.

The cape is simply too small to have many private EMS employment opportunities, but there are plenty of companies inside 45 minutes of the canal which is not bad in the grand scheme of things. I have partners that commute 90 minutes or more to Boston everyday, such is the nature of EMS jobs sometimes.

SliceOfLife

Forum Crew Member
In the past week and a half, I have tried Trinity, Medstar, Vital, WEMS, Spaulding Rehab and Fallon. No luck on anything yet except a psych-eval to complete online from Fallon. They start medics at $14.50 :sad:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
In the past week and a half, I have tried Trinity, Medstar, Vital, WEMS, Spaulding Rehab and Fallon. No luck on anything yet except a psych-eval to complete online from Fallon. They start medics at $14.50 :sad:

Give EasCare a call-- I have a friend who was just hired in Worcester, and another in Boston, and they both said EasCare is hiring medics now.

I also heard Marlboro-Hudson is looking for medics, if you want to stay closer to central MA.

SliceOfLife

Forum Crew Member
Give EasCare a call-- I have a friend who was just hired in Worcester, and another in Boston, and they both said EasCare is hiring medics now.

I also heard Marlboro-Hudson is looking for medics, if you want to stay closer to central MA.

Thanks.

I'll try them too.

Basically

Forum Ride Along
O good were i applied has not been mentioned ( wish me luck). And the only place i know about as far as pay is trinity. They start at 13.50