LA County EOAs

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Lynch has it. They use to provide 911 a long long time ago. Alot of Calfire experience from what I remember.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

WHAT?! pics or it didn't happen. lol. you're blowing my mind right now if thats true.
My only history of lynch from an older colleague that was an EMT through college in the 90's, was Lynch, Emergency, Medix were the big kids on the OC campus back in the day

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
WHAT?! pics or it didn't happen. lol. you're blowing my mind right now if thats true.
My only history of lynch from an older colleague that was an EMT through college in the 90's, was Lynch, Emergency, Medix were the big kids on the OC campus back in the day
Yea, they did mostly stand by medical for the wild fires and some coverage back in the Medix day. Medix use to provide for disneyland. OCFA ruined a great system as did CARE swallowing every eoa. I forget his name but he use to chomp on cigars and kick his feet up on his desk during interviews from what I was told at lynch lol

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, I work for Lynch! I've never once been told we used to do 911 and nothing in the company history information that I have suggested that.
Mostly back up when care came in. Schaefer ran Costa Mesa.

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
Yea, they did mostly stand by medical for the wild fires and some coverage back in the Medix day. Medix use to provide for disneyland. OCFA ruined a great system as did CARE swallowing every eoa. I forget his name but he use to chomp on cigars and kick his feet up on his desk during interviews from what I was told at lynch lol

Interesting, I'll have to ask around. There are still some individuals at our company that have been around since that time. The closest we get to 911 nowadays is Orange City Fire & Huntington Beach Fire mutual aid calls that happen once in a blue moon. A lot of our ALS "ER" calls (SNF/Board & Care/Urgent Care/Senior Living -> ER) mirror 911 calls sometimes (we do end up showing up to a lot of critical patients that probably should've called 911), but of course we have a code 2 response to everything. I wish we could snag a 911 contract though

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Interesting, I'll have to ask around. There are still some individuals at our company that have been around since that time. The closest we get to 911 nowadays is Orange City Fire & Huntington Beach Fire mutual aid calls that happen once in a blue moon. A lot of our ALS "ER" calls (SNF/Board & Care/Urgent Care/Senior Living -> ER) mirror 911 calls sometimes (we do end up showing up to a lot of critical patients that probably should've called 911), but of course we have a code 2 response to everything. I wish we could snag a 911 contract though
Yea, I know some management at your company I worked with years ago.
They primarily did back up. Alot of it ended in the mid to early 2000's.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
A fair number of posters here work or worked in or around LA/OC.

Because out of the, what, 80 or so? ambulance companies in LA/OC, only like half a dozen have 911 Exclusive Operating Areas, where they're the only ambulance authorized to respond, even if it is a fire based system under the jurisdiction of fire medics, those companies are pretty much the only way to get any sort of real EMS experience without being the one out of a thousand applicants to get hired by the FD (when they are actually hiring, turns out lots of people like the idea of a municipal, union, benefits and pension, ~70K+ a year starting job lol, anyways I digress....) the remaining companies, are all pure IFT only, dialysis derby, hospital to nursing home discharges etc

So yeah, for those of us unable to escape to the greener pastures of Texas or even Kern lol, we like to know who's who when they redo the 10 year contracts (which the new ones take effect this year)

wtferick

Forum Captain
I just heard the same thing today. but the date was june 1st. either way that's coming up fast. the person telling me the rumor also added that care wants to back out of their oc contracts a focus solely on LA. I understand they might have spread themselves so thin, but I would have assume oc would've been more profitable. can anyone lend to the credibility of this rumor?
Doubt Care wants to back out. South OC seems to pay off most of the bills.

DME107

Forum Probie
Vote got postponed. I have no idea when they will discuss it or bring it up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh typical.... I guess I should have expected that. So no official word that care is getting the 210 corridor?

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Ugh typical.... I guess I should have expected that. So no official word that care is getting the 210 corridor?

That's the rumor, but nothing is official yet. There's rumors that the cities of Pomona and Claremont are fighting to keep Schaefer there since they've already been associated with those cities for a long time.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
That's the rumor, but nothing is official yet. There's rumors that the cities of Pomona and Claremont are fighting to keep Schaefer there since they've already been associated with those cities for a long time.

True. Spoke with some Schaefer boys at my moms house in Claremont. Tiny town loves Schaefer also alot of former and current Schaefer employees live in the area. Pomona would have kept Schaefer medics if not forced to go county fire due to money issues.

eastlossalt

Forum Probie
Just found out that the city of west Covina is now using Care as bls provider... can any one find out more info...