LA County EOAs

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'd be very skeptical about a company who offers up the crumbs left over from a rather large pie as their selling point.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
The company that keeps going around and biting the hand that feeds, That would be very surprising.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Any word if Care also picks up Schaefer's Monrovia contract as well? I believe it was considered a separate EOA from the Pomona/210 corridor. Last I talked to a Monrovia FF who was doing his medic school clinicals at Harbor-UCLA he had said they were still running with Schaefer, but I guess if Schaefer still has the contract until June or July that doesn't mean a whole lot anymore

eastlossalt

Forum Probie
Last I heard is that Monrovia is still Schaefer's dirt until Monrovia puts out another rfp

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
As of yet amr and Schaefer have not released any employee memos to verify this.

A letter has apparently been sent to (some?) Schaefer stations updating them on the status of the appeal and also encouraging employees to contact Care to enquire about available positions. It doesn't seem to be affecting all Schaefer zones, though the situation doesn't look terribly hopeful.

OP
OP
B

BryanR

Forum Probie
A letter has apparently been sent to (some?) Schaefer stations updating them on the status of the appeal and also encouraging employees to contact Care to enquire about available positions. It doesn't seem to be affecting all Schaefer zones, though the situation doesn't look terribly hopeful.

I believe Care took everything from them except Monrovia. Also, I was mistaken, Care kept Garden Grove. Only them and AmeriCare bid on it. Kinda shocked Doctor's or some of the other companies didn't bid.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Schafer is keeping Pomona and from what I heard the small town of Claremont. Good for them!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
I feel rather bad for them. Great company, from what little I know of the history. Is what Care doing (gobbling up so much territory) actually sustainable long-term? This adds to the bewilderment of new EMTs attempting to suss out which are the better companies to work for.

OP
OP
B

BryanR

Forum Probie
Schafer is keeping Pomona and from what I heard the small town of Claremont. Good for them!

Pomona and Claremont are part of EOA 3. Did they break them off into their own EOA? I heard that the original results were unchanged after the appeals.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel rather bad for them. Great company, from what little I know of the history. Is what Care doing (gobbling up so much territory) actually sustainable long-term? This adds to the bewilderment of new EMTs attempting to suss out which are the better companies to work for.
Long, long history. This is the ambulance company that responded to Marilyn Monroe and found her dead and of course was surrounded with the controversy of her death. I encourage anyone thats interested to look up the story its a great read. One of the first few private ambulances to offer ALS in southern California. They offered ALS to Pomona up until 1998 when the FD was forced to go county and than got Squads. They did the same for Claremont.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
There was an email out from our management asking if anyone wanted to run "Fire calls in Pomona".....
This Sunday Only, two EMT's will have the opportunity to run fire calls in the city of Pomona.
I'm already working my normal shift this Sunday, but quite frankly I'm pretty damn curious as to how/why we'd have a single, 10 hour one time only unit running calls in Pomona? I'm gonna email them back and see if I can't do a swap and pick it up hahaha

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
There was an email out from our management asking if anyone wanted to run "Fire calls in Pomona".....I'm already working my normal shift this Sunday, but quite frankly I'm pretty damn curious as to how/why we'd have a single, 10 hour one time only unit running calls in Pomona? I'm gonna email them back and see if I can't do a swap and pick it up hahaha
That's real interesting? I do know that they use to piggy back off of AMR for back up. There was a station on Foothill and Montevista aka Padua Ave which is still being used. You had AMR and Schaefer in the same complex.

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
I believe Care took everything from them except Monrovia. Also, I was mistaken, Care kept Garden Grove. Only them and AmeriCare bid on it. Kinda shocked Doctor's or some of the other companies didn't bid.

I work for a company that wanted to bid for it, but from what I heard, the city of Garden Grove required any company that wanted to bid to have at least 5 years of 911 experience so we couldn't. I'm surprised too Emergency or Doctor's didn't bid for it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah that Pomona shift got filled before I could try to pick it up.....im already working normal shift anyway. I asked the scheduler what the deal was and they just replied back that they got told to staff it and they just shrugged and didn't ask any questions lol

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I work for a company that wanted to bid for it, but from what I heard, the city of Garden Grove required any company that wanted to bid to have at least 5 years of 911 experience so we couldn't. I'm surprised too Emergency or Doctor's didn't bid for it.

Lynch?