Keeping a jump bag in your car?

musicislife

Forum Crew Member
Have you guys ever had to use a kit that you keep in your car?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I have never kept a kit in my car.

I will never keep a kit in my car.

Consequently, I will never use a kit from my car.

I have a hard enough time getting away from work with strangers coming to the door as it is.

Edit: The worst is when some lady who introduced herself to my wife as a friend of a lady is the mom of a boy who my daughter goes to kindergarten with came with all her medical records, was told by my wife I was not home, and she waited outside the gate until I got home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impulse

Forum Probie
Edit: The worst is when some lady who introduced herself to my wife as a friend of a lady is the mom of a boy who my daughter goes to kindergarten with came with all her medical records, was told by my wife I was not home, and she waited outside the gate until I got home.

Wow, did you have to spray her with the hose?

Remeber343

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.galls.com/google/style-BG424-general_catalog-511-responder-84-als-bag

I carry this with me at all times, most of the time when i'm off duty you can find me walking with it slung over one shoulder. You never know when a medical emergency will happen, you have to always be prepared. I have it filled with all sorts of goodies. Code drugs, drug drugs, intubation equipment. The whole 9 yards. I never leave home without it. I try to practice medicine every chance I get. I see someone cut their finger, fear not, I have band aids. If its a really bad cut, i'll fall back to the 5x9 with coban. Lots and lots of coban.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Nope, no jump bag in my car. The most I have are a pair of gloves, some gauze, band aids, Neosporin, and some Tylenol. All of which is for my own personal use (friends included).

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have my phone.

The number to 911.

Ummm... Gloves, band aids, tape, and an ace wrap.

Everything I need to save a life.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have a little first aid kit for personal use.

I have jumper cables to use as an AED.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Wackerdom. All you need is a pair of decent shears. You can improvise from there. Need a split? Use the large finger grip to break the branch. Need a bandage? cut the persons clothing turn it inside out and use it for a bandage. Need a TQ? See last entry.. other then that a first aid kit will offer nothing more then ammo for the whacker hunters

Veneficus

Forum Chief
You have a gate? Lucky... Do you have a gate guard? Sounds like you could use one, or some razor wire!

Yes, there is a chain link fence around the property, so there is a gate.

There is no guard. Just a lock.

This lady was not the first to come to the house, just the first to wait outside the gate.

Apparently the 12 story, multiple building academic hospital exactly one block away was not giving her the individualized customer service she expected.

She asked me to look through what she had ad what she should do.

It was very obvious she had a history of endocrine axis problems, and I suggested she shouold go see an endocrinologist.

She became very happy and exclaimed "that is what the other doctors tell me too!"

I guess it just sounds more palatable from the husband of the lady who her friend's son goes to kindergarten with his daughter.

Can't imagine how, but ok...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If you can't fit it in a little ziploc bag, then you don't need it to be driving around with it "just in case." Alternatively go to Walgreens and buy a first aid kit if you have nothing in your car now.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have jumper cables to use as an AED.

It's black cable to left nipple and red to right, right? Or do I have it backwards, help!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yes, I carry a jump bag in my vehicle. Being on a rural VFD with sometimes extended response times, I have used it on scene until a department rig arrived.

Plus I've used it at remote job sites to treat minor injuries of myself and fellow employees.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I have my phone.

The number to 911.

Ummm... Gloves, band aids, tape, and an ace wrap.

Everything I need to save a life.

I call information and have them give me the number for 911.

OP, not to be mean, but can you even drive, because I read a few other threads of yours and one dated a few months back says you're only 15.
All I carry in mt vehicle is a CPR mask that's honestly about nine years old. I've got my S&W rescue knife which I always carry and my fire extinguisher and first aid kit to keep the DOT happy.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
i'm a little more concerned as to which brands of car actually analyze rhythms... lol

The computers manufactures put in cars these days are very intelligent, most should be capable of detecting V-fib.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a standard, off the shelf drug store first aid kit, and a CPR mask with a one way valve.

Never used it, hope I never have to, but it's there just in case.

I was joking with a friend that I should keep a cheap stethoscope in there as well. Not because I would EVER use a stethoscope in a scenario like that, but because if you walk into an medical emergency with a stethoscope around your neck, everyone assumes you know what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: you're doing. ;)

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
If you can't fit it in a little ziploc bag, then you don't need it to be driving around with it "just in case."

I tried to fit a medic and their LifePak in a Ziploc bag to carry around with me, but it voided the warranty on both

Alternatively go to Walgreens and buy a first aid kit if you have nothing in your car now.

This is probably the best advice you can get OP. Nothing wrong with carrying around a small first aid kit and probably actually a good idea.