Just broke the seal on an airline jump kit

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Reyjavic General isn't as big as the Mayo Clinic, eh?

I was thinking about Iceland, Azores, Los Angeles...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Why the hard on for ej's they are just a peripheral vein.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I love EZ-IOs.

However, in my companies infinite wisdom, we do not have IOs for anyone over 6yo...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I love EZ-IOs.

However, in my companies infinite wisdom, we do not have IOs for anyone over 6yo...

Do they provide a reason as to why?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Reyjavic General isn't as big as the Mayo Clinic, eh?

I have no problem with the hospitals...it's the paramedics there that are, how to say it nicely, "distinctly lacking in the ability to play well with others".

Why the hard on for ej's they are just a peripheral vein.

It was a joke.

ez-io ftw

I love IOs.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
EMTinNEPA said:
Pt. Assessment [X], IV therapy [X], Pharmacology [X], ITLS [X], Pulmonology [X], ACLS [X], Neonatal Resuscitation [X], Obstetrics and Gynecology [X], General Medical [ ], PALS [ ], Final Exam [ ], NREMT-P Practical [ ], NREMT-P Written Exam [ ]

Anatomy [X] Head & Neck [X] MCBM [X] IDIT [X] Blood and Lymph [X] Neuo [X] Behavior and Psych [ ] Musculoskeletal [ ] SUMMER! [ ]

[ ] MBChB Part A (Years 1 and 2)
[ ] MBChB Part B (Years 3 and 4)
[ ] MBChB Part C (Trainee Intern Year)
[ ] PGY 1 (House Officer Year)
[ ] PGY 2 (Senior House Officer Year)
[ ] ANZCA Basic Training Year 1
[ ] ANZCA Basic Training Year 2
[ ] ANZCA Advanced Training Year 1
[ ] ANZCA Advanced Training Year 2
[ ] ANZCA Advanced Training Year 3
[ ] ANZCA Fellow (Consultant Anaesthetist)

Medical school and fellowship.... 12 years, ~ $100,000

[ ] Orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" on the back
[ ] Telling people "I am on the helicopter emergency service doctors"

PRICELESS ... FTW :D :p

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
EZ IO is expensive you know, Jamashidis are much cheaper.....

lmiller081084

Forum Ride Along
No problem man. Once all of the A/C have been updated to Delta standards (interiors, configurations), then all equipment will be modified so that all A/C have the same available equipment, and it will be easier for the crews to able to swap between aircraft.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
flying with delta myself on my u.s trip. never seen sign or any evidence of a jump kit being on the flight

JPINFV

Gadfly
flying with delta myself on my u.s trip. never seen sign or any evidence of a jump kit being on the flight

The first aid equipment is normally kept in one of the off limits overhead bins. There should be a little O2 sign and first aid kit sign right underneath the bin.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In my case it was actually kept locked inside a locker inside an overhead bin at the back of the plane. The lead flight attendant had to use a key to access both the AED and the drug box. This was on a domestic U.S. flight on Northwest Airlines (now Delta).

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

Everytime I used it on Delta, the lead flight attendant had to be the one to retrieve it and she got it from somewhere in the rear of the plane. The kits were large, so I imagine they are in a locked rear overhead or stowed away in some compartment. These are not items you would ever pull yourself.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
ah i see, it got me thinking after reading this when i got on the plane. i just sat back and watched some movies though instead of worrying about it