MissyMiss

Forum Probie
@DesertMedic66 I'm reading through these old posts to try to gain knowledge for my upcoming interview with AMR for the festival. Anything change or any new advice you can give me? Do they still try to hire you on after?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@DesertMedic66 I'm reading through these old posts to try to gain knowledge for my upcoming interview with AMR for the festival. Anything change or any new advice you can give me? Do they still try to hire you on after?
Nothing has really changed. As long as there were no issues with you during the festivals then yes they will try to hire you as soon as possible at the division you want/prefer.

MissyMiss

Forum Probie
Ok. Thank you. Do you know what shifts they run at the festival? 8/10/12 hour shifts?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ok. Thank you. Do you know what shifts they run at the festival? 8/10/12 hour shifts?
Depends on what you get placed on. They are a minimum of 12 hours. If you get placed on foot patrol you are looking at 14-16 hours. Regular pay for 8 hours. Time and a half for hours 8-12. Double time for +12.

As a temp you can get placed on a BLS shuttle (transferring people from medical tents or dropping people off from the medical tent), foot patrol (responding inside the festival area to medical aids), or be located in one of the tents (the tents range from BLS to ALS to MD level)

MissyMiss

Forum Probie
Ok. Thank you for all your input. You have really helped answer many of my questions in this thread as well as others. Thanks for helping a fellow newbie. 😁

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
foot patrol

This is what you’ll likely be working at the festivals for at least 1/3 weekends. Foot patrol is where you make the majority of double time depending on what time your shift starts.

MissyMiss

Forum Probie
I just had my interview and I was told I was being recommended for the temp position at the festival. I have to wait for HR to call now. Here is my question. What is the agility test and how hard is it? Sorry for all these questions. This is all brand new to me.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just had my interview and I was told I was being recommended for the temp position at the festival. I have to wait for HR to call now. Here is my question. What is the agility test and how hard is it? Sorry for all these questions. This is all brand new to me.
They will make sure you can lift the response bags and load/unload a gurney into an ambulance. You are not going to have to run a mile or do push ups/pull ups or anything of that nature.