interview attire

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
It is not about the attire, it is about how you portray yourself!;)

And the very first thing that people see that you portray is your clothing.

At least shirt and tie for me ALWAYS

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
Funny, I have never worn a suit and tie in my life. I have been hired for every job, I have ever interviewed for.

It is not about the attire, it is about how you portray yourself!;)

It's not impossible to do well without dressing well, but dressing well can't hurt. :p

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
My first instinct is go buisness suit, white shirt and tie.

My only hesitation is that since EMS is very hands on 1) they might want to do an impromptu ride along, agility or skills test (I dont have a car to stash a change of clothes) and 2) I get that one person who is suit and tie adverse.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Good advice with the suit. If you're interviewing for a private, I've seen some mutants show up in all kinds of attire. You'll definitely present as the cream of the crop.

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
My first instinct is go buisness suit, white shirt and tie.

My only hesitation is that since EMS is very hands on 1) they might want to do an impromptu ride along, agility or skills test (I dont have a car to stash a change of clothes) and 2) I get that one person who is suit and tie adverse.

why not call ahead and inquire?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Moved to EMS Employment.

Wear a suit and tie. There are a million reasons to rationalize not wearing one, but someone who wants to stand out in EMS in this economic environment dresses professionally.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have been hired for every job, I have ever interviewed for.

Not true ;)!

Sasha

Forum Chief
We are. He claims he never interviewed that job. Semantics!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh no, but you were soooo sure you had the job, now you're just being cold shouldered. It's ok, I have a job for you ;)

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
I vote for shirt and tie. Plenty of people live their lives without suits. Just be respectful.

Winnie the Pooh Formal For The Win!!!

I'm interviewing for an ambulance company on Tuesday and was looking for advice.

I'd like to get some nice slacks and a nice button down shirt but I don't have a sigle pair of dress shoes and couldn't afford an entire outfit (because that is what I'd need). I have some nice looking brown tennis shoes that do look great with a polo style shirt, and tannish kahki pants. I'm hoping that'll be good enough.

I did pool tables and utility construction before this so I've never had to worry about dressing nice.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Winnie the Pooh Formal For The Win!!!

I'm interviewing for an ambulance company on Tuesday and was looking for advice.

I'd like to get some nice slacks and a nice button down shirt but I don't have a sigle pair of dress shoes and couldn't afford an entire outfit (because that is what I'd need). I have some nice looking brown tennis shoes that do look great with a polo style shirt, and tannish kahki pants. I'm hoping that'll be good enough.

I did pool tables and utility construction before this so I've never had to worry about dressing nice.

You could get dress shoes from payless for around $30.00 and cheap suits are fine.

Get one of those $49.99 suits but get it tailored to fit you.

Can you borrow it ?

Most people, myself included, can not discern quality of clothing, so long as it is pressed and fits well.

Wearing slacks makes me think of a Levi's Docker's commercial....

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
You could get dress shoes from payless for around $30.00 and cheap suits are fine.

Can you borrow it ?

Most people, myself included, can not discern quality of clothing, so long as it is pressed and fits well.

Wearing slacks makes me think of a Levi's Docker's commercial....

Lol, I have a suit from Macys and sketcher shoes. I was just questioning it beacuse i read the other threads saying they have to do all these skills so they wore khakis, sneakers, etc. thanks again u been really helpful.

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member

I broke down and went to Men's wearhouse. I got some black slacks and had them hemmed. I then got a white dress shirt that fit me but it is wrinkley and I don't ahve a clue how to iron so I found a dry cleaners. They said that they could press it only hopefully by noon (my interview is at 3:30pm). My guess is that they are lying.

I wish I spent the extra cash and got the wrinkle free (shirt was $20 but wrinkle free was $50). Found some $30 black shoes at DSW.

Now whomever thought it was a good idea to wear suits to impress people I hope is rotting in the ninth circle of hell. I feel like a tool in them.

reaper

Working Bum
No one ever said you need to wear a suit to impress!

Your attitude, confidence and persona you portray, is what will impress, in an interview.

When you interview for a quality service, they are not stupid. They know that anyone can dress up a turd, but it is still a turd!