interview attire

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Buy a flight suit with lots of reflective tape. Wear a FF hat. Wear your steth. Ask if you can use your own defib on duty. Also, lots of Stars of Life.

:)

Hahahaha, should I show them my intubation kit too? (no I don't have one). Oh yeah, will multiple Star of Life tatts help??? Thinking of getting one on my forehead.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this has been discussed before to some extent. I have a few interviews coming up.

I can not decide if I should go 1) suit, white shirt and tie 2) docker style slacks and button down shirt 3) cargo pants and a plain polo.

I had one interview, I went suit and tie, and I saw people in all three of above.

One concern is if they want to do a practical test on the spot....

I am not considering wearing anything with a logo or EMS/EMT on it :p so don't go there.

I can argue myself into either of those three.

What are your thoughts? I will not post further on the topic after I read everyone's thoughts.

A tidy hair cut, clean shaven (if it applies), a button down shirt, neatly pressed slacks, belt and polished shoes.... if the interview is for an EMT or Paramedic position. If it's fire, a suit isn't out of the question. Good luck. Hope ya get the job!

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
i saw some candidates today wearing either their volunteer EMT uniform or EMT pants with a t-shirt, hoodies, street clothes...I was the only one wearing a suit.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
As someone who has interviewed others.... you'll stand out. Now please write a quick email or mail a thank you note. It really shows that you care, and only takes a minute or two.

Good luck!

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
As someone who has interviewed others.... you'll stand out. Now please write a quick email or mail a thank you note. It really shows that you care, and only takes a minute or two.

Good luck!

good point, but dont have the lady's email who interviewed me.

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
i saw some candidates today wearing either their volunteer EMT uniform or EMT pants with a t-shirt, hoodies, street clothes...

Haha, what a bunch of idiots. I can understand going with a 3 button shirt and kahki pants (I was really considering that), but T-shirts?

Unless those guys have a "Saved a busload of arresting babies and kittens" on their resume, then you should have that job in the bag.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
It's been my experience that you cannot really overdress for an interview. I always go with the suit and the response to this point has always been positive.

Angel

Paramedic
a collared shirt, dress pants, and whatever shoe is comfortable should be fine....if you must wear heels id keep it 3 inches and under, though most people wear flats or flats with a small wedge heel.
i call this business casual.
rule of thumb is, if youd wear it to church or a funeral, its good enough for an interview*.
but theres always an exception to every rule

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I wear a suit. The female style. Like the one pictured. But mine is black and I wear a white undershirt.

.... It makes me feel fancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 224

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Confidence. Wear confidence. Clean, professional-looking confidence.

One of the worst-dressed interviews I've ever had landed me the best job I've ever had, despite a need for a "sweet Jesus" waiver that took a lot of work.

Whatever you wear, be confident.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
When I get nervous I start uncontrollably laughing in interviews. I also snort when I laugh.

not that it has anything to do with uniforms, but it just popped in my head.