I'm not sure I want to call myself a Texan anymore.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Two women are stopped for littering. The officer things they are acting "weird" so the women are given a body cavity search (yeah i said a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing body cavity search) on the side of the damn road in full view of passing cars. They found nothing! I'm usually the first person to say "I wasn't there so I'm not going to second guess the actions of the officers who were" but this has me so absolutely disgusted my gut is twisted. I can't even begin to imagine a scenario in which these officers could believe they were doing the right thing. As a person who has proudly called himself a Texan for 34 of his 39 years (a lot of kids don't talk until 5) it is just one of many horrific things I've recently discovered my state has allowed to happen. This state has gone rotten from the top down.

When I first read about this I thought there was no way the event was as bad as the article could be making it out to be so I found the video. Be warned the last two minutes of video are disturbing.

If you were on scene and saw this happening what would you do/say?

All I can think is that if I had been on scene when this happened I would have probably gotten myself tazed. I have seen and

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I am assuming the officers were male? I thought anything other than a pat down required a female officer, especially a body cavity search.

Link to vid?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I am assuming the officers were male? I thought anything other than a pat down required a female officer, especially a body cavity search.

Link to vid?

No, the searching officer was female.

I don't see how this has anything to do with being a Texan. Idiots are in every state. Except for Wyoming. There's nothing in Wyoming. :p

That incident was pretty ridiculous, though.

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I keep volunteering my labor to build the wall and lay the mines if Texas promises to secede.

They keep teasing me and letting me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

I don't see how this has anything to do with being a Texan. Idiots are in every state. Except for Wyoming. There's nothing in Wyoming. :p

Just one of many insane things I'm seeing here in Texas. I would have agreed with you that it was just random acts of stupidy a year ago but it's simply becoming an absolute madhouse here. This is just another example of what happens when the lunatics run the asylum.

I don't mean to paint all LE with the same brush but these aren't isolated incidents anymore they've become endemic and not just in LE but in the politics here in general. We have clinics that are run by churches and have no medically qualified providers yet are funded with tax dollars that were taken from real clinics. We have civil rights abuses occurring on a weekly if not daily basis. We have politicians who openly call women who use contraception :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s and I can't go 24 hours without hearing someone spout off racist rhetoric. This state is literally eating itself but because oil money keeps the whole thing bobbing along no one wants to point out that the emperor has no clothes on.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Did anyone catch the conversation at the very end. The lady was saying how she felt violated and the cops response was something along the lines of "Its because someone in the car is a daily smoker, you can attribute it to that"

Um say what? :glare:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Just one of many insane things I'm seeing here in Texas. I would have agreed with you that it was just random acts of stupidy a year ago but it's simply becoming an absolute madhouse here. This is just another example of what happens when the lunatics run the asylum.

I don't mean to paint all LE with the same brush but these aren't isolated incidents anymore they've become endemic and not just in LE but in the politics here in general. We have clinics that are run by churches and have no medically qualified providers yet are funded with tax dollars that were taken from real clinics. We have civil rights abuses occurring on a weekly if not daily basis. We have politicians who openly call women who use contraception :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s and I can't go 24 hours without hearing someone spout off racist rhetoric. This state is literally eating itself but because oil money keeps the whole thing bobbing along no one wants to point out that the emperor has no clothes on.

Teneha, TX recently was indicted in federal court for detaining minorities, (probably) planting/"inventing" offenses, and 'persuading' them to sign over their assets to the city as 'drug profits' to avoid legal troubles. You can imagine just how broken a city is when it defends that behavior.

Texas is a great state, but many of its government authorities are corrupt to an extent unbelievable to outsiders. "Good ole' boys", money and a lack of effective oversight at work.

EDIT: That is, quite literally, rape. Forcible rape under auspices of police authority. I hope that DPS gets eaten alive by this lawyer.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I didn't even realize they could do body cavity searches on the side of the road! I thought you had to be under arrest for anything more than a "Terry Pat down"

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

Amen

medic417

The Truth Provider
That was an ineffective cavity search if in fact she did enter the cavity's. Looked more like she just made sure nothing was hidden in the outer crevices. To do a proper cavity search they would have had the women strip, squat, cough, then examine outer area, then open while visualizing so as not to inadvertently shoving contraband further up and out of reach.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you notice, both women pull their hips away when sensitive parts were touched. It is a normal and expected reaction to being touched when not invited.

The search was beyond reasonable and totally inexcusable, especially when the sole reason for being pulled over was a cigarette citation.

I would be the guy in jail right now had this gone down with me on scene. They could bring the dogs, they could bring the on duty sergeants, they would NOT be going in my pants.

Hell I would have been in arms over even a pat down for a cigarette citation.

Another example of the average civilian not knowing their basic civil rights and cops too stupid to know them as well. Not to mention them overstepping their boundaries...absolutely disgusted by all in the video.

medic417

The Truth Provider
If you notice, both women pull their hips away when sensitive parts were touched. It is a normal and expected reaction to being touched when not invited.

The search was beyond reasonable and totally inexcusable, especially when the sole reason for being pulled over was a cigarette citation.

I would be the guy in jail right now had this gone down with me on scene. They could bring the dogs, they could bring the on duty sergeants, they would NOT be going in my pants.

Hell I would have been in arms over even a pat down for a cigarette citation.

Another example of the average civilian not knowing their basic civil rights and cops too stupid to know them as well. Not to mention them overstepping their boundaries...absolutely disgusted by all in the video.

Agreed and even if they try and claim justified the fact that it was not done correctly throws that out the window.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I hope these 2 ladies win big in court..and that trooper winds up in jail.

To even think that this is acceptable to that trooper blows my mind..

Has anyone else noticed a worsening mentality among law enforcement that they are untouchable? I know Ive seen it here.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I've never had a good encounter with a Texas trooper. Some of the most corrupt people out there. I've watched them make traffic stops without any causation and throw out fictitious accusations.

Gorgeousgeorge

Forum Probie
This goes with my previous post

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356017886290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356017886290.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 272

JPINFV

Gadfly
Meh, it's the police. The officer will get a 2 week paid vacation followed by a promotion, just like every other time they decide that the law and constitution is too hard to follow.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
I believe they didn't have justifiable PC and therefore the 2 should have refused the search. Cops don't expect you to know that they are searching you illegally. If cops get consent then they can search. They should not have consented to a search.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I believe they didn't have justifiable PC and therefore the 2 should have refused the search. Cops don't expect you to know that they are searching you illegally. If cops get consent then they can search. They should not have consented to a search.

How many people are going to refuse a search though? The average citizen doesn't know when they can and cannot refuse a search. Even if they know that doesn't mean they want to step into the mess that will come with refusing a search. Refusing a search could potentially unleash even more untoward actions.

We should be able to trust that the police are doing the right thing and aren't overstepping their boundaries or laws. Cops aren't above the law and they aren't untouchable.